Bobbie Joe Long - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobbie Joe Long

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    dedication to the job

First off Joe I agree this was a stupid question. I want to point out something, since you bring up dedication. I've been around this office for a few years now and have seen various forms of dedication from deputies and I've seen that dedication diminish through the years. I have also seen the dedication from the office to its employees diminish.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    First off Joe I agree this was a stupid question. I want to point out something, since you bring up dedication. I've been around this office for a few years now and have seen various forms of dedication from deputies and I've seen that dedication diminish through the years. I have also seen the dedication from the office to its employees diminish.
    This is very true. But we had no choice but to grow in size, and with that came the pain of no longer being a family agency and being known for taking care of our own. Why was this? Because some took advantage of the generosities of several of the Sheriff's. Just one o many that comes to mind was and employee was fired after falsely reporting he had been shot. Turns out, after a massive manhunt by TPD and HCSO he admitted he shot himself in hopes of getting promoted. This came out after he told IA it was an accidental discharge. True came out during a polygraph. About a year later Henderson wrote him a miss letter of recommendation to Manatee County SO. But for some reason he as dropped at that last minute. This guy then had the nerve to use Henderson's letter to sue the Office. He got his job back, but instead of returning him to the office, the Office did what they have done on other occasions and had him hired in another county department, but making the same pay. While in his new position this guy commits several federal violation and was arrested by Federal EPA for these incidents which were work related.

I could tell you story after story how employees screwed over the Sheriffs in one way or another. It was these employees that made the Sheriffs fend for themselves and why we are no longer a family agency. Truth is though that very few agencies can or will treat you like a family.

Unregistered
    This is very true. But we had no choice but to grow in size, and with that came the pain of no longer being a family agency and being known for taking care of our own. Why was this? Because some took advantage of the generosities of several of the Sheriff's. Just one o many that comes to mind was and employee was fired after falsely reporting he had been shot. Turns out, after a massive manhunt by TPD and HCSO he admitted he shot himself in hopes of getting promoted. This came out after he told IA it was an accidental discharge. True came out during a polygraph. About a year later Henderson wrote him a miss letter of recommendation to Manatee County SO. But for some reason he as dropped at that last minute. This guy then had the nerve to use Henderson's letter to sue the Office. He got his job back, but instead of returning him to the office, the Office did what they have done on other occasions and had him hired in another county department, but making the same pay. While in his new position this guy commits several federal violation and was arrested by Federal EPA for these incidents which were work related.

I could tell you story after story how employees screwed over the Sheriffs in one way or another. It was these employees that made the Sheriffs fend for themselves and why we are no longer a family agency. Truth is though that very few agencies can or will treat you like a family.
    For somebody who claims to be in the know even though he's retired, you got that story all kinds of mixed up. I think you mixed up two different cases.

Unregistered
    I think he was drunk as Hell when he posted that. Poor grammar and confusing.

For somebody who claims to be in the know even though he's retired, you got that story all kinds of mixed up. I think you mixed up two different cases.
    No, those are the facts and I was very close to that investigation when he shot himself, when he got the letter and when he was turned down at Manatee. He filed against the office and showed the letter to support his case. He ended up at the water treatment plant and after several years there was arrested by EPA for dumping waste illegally.

Unregistered
    No, those are the facts and I was very close to that investigation when he shot himself, when he got the letter and when he was turned down at Manatee. He filed against the office and showed the letter to support his case. He ended up at the water treatment plant and after several years there was arrested by EPA for dumping waste illegally.
    No, sir. He was caught stealing drug evidence and caused the current safeguards to be put in place. He was arrested for doing so and eventually went to prison.

No, sir. He was caught stealing drug evidence and caused the current safeguards to be put in place. He was arrested for doing so and eventually went to prison.
    Do not think we are talking about the same person. The guy I am talking about left the Office in 86. He was in Civil at the time and reported that he had been shot while on 275.

Unregistered
    Do not think we are talking about the same person. The guy I am talking about left the Office in 86. He was in Civil at the time and reported that he had been shot while on 275.
    Ok, we are talking about two different self-shooting heroes then. The one I'm talking about was around 2000 in the D1 hood.

Unregistered
    """True came out during a polygraph. About a year later Henderson wrote him a miss letter of recommendation to Manatee County""""

Drunk Joe

Nope. I have a key board that is messing up and needs to be replaced. Also once you post something you cannot go back and edit.

It should have read "truth came out during a polygraph. About a year later Henderson wrote him a nice letter of recommendation to Manatee County."

The Office changed one night when a LT drove a car home for a former Buc who was then playing for Miami. As a thank you the player gave the LT a signed ball. The LT never asked for anything. A deputy reported this and the LT was suspended.

On this day I knew the Office had changed in 2 ways. First, you could no longer trust those that worked with you. Second, the Office changed for what it was. They took away your discretion. I could not tell you how many people I took home or called a family member to come get them. It was much quicker that being tied up for hours at a time we were so shorthanded.

This was the beginning of a deputy losing their discretion to act what they felt was best at the time of an incident.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast