or express their positive career experiences. Human nature
    I guess.
    The things people say about Brierton, they have said about
    Knight and all the others that have sat in that seat. The Col
    and Lt Col make mistakes, and have obstacles they face
    just like us. Many we will never know about. I'm not saying
    they are the cream of the crop, but they are part of the chain
    of command.
    If you want the patrol to be better, do YOUR part.
    Support the chain of command, support those above and below
    you. Quit spreading rumors and stabbing them in the back.
    Empower them, if they screw up that's between them and their
    higher power. Think and say positive things. Worry less about
    what everyone else has, does and says. Even if you are looking
    for another job or career, you can make it a little better. Quit
    *****ing and be a professional. This site is wide open to the
    whole world, anyone can come and read and post. What you
    say can and will affect how people view the patrol, and view YOU.
    Take your day to day activities seriously and think before you
    post, or speak about a coworker. These days we are all one
    another have. Do you want to lose that?

Very well said.

However, there will always be haters and disgruntled people. It’s the nature of the beast. Those that are negative and spew toxic have their own issues controlling their motions. It’s not the patrol it’s them, a divorce, ill family member, stress at home etc.

Do we have bad supervisors and that do not treat their employees fair and with respect? Absolutely. But it’s not most supervisors, only a few. Leadership has gotten better since I came on 30 years ago. Talk about a very good ole boy system!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What crack rock have you been smoking? $60,000. Lol as a Trooper.. Hahahaha. My zone partner has 28 years on and makes 44,000. So you can still use that number and the Colonel still makes over three times that salary... No matter which way you slice it, he is way overpaid if you ask me. Back in the day whenever we had a step plan maybe some of those Troopers are around $60,000 , which might I add are very , VERY few... There maybe 10 throughout the whole state. Then there maybe 10 more that make $50,000..... But don't forget if they are making $50,000 they have been on for over 30 years... And if I'm wrong please call me out and do give names so I can go and look it up... All I, saying is our Colonel should be paid comparatively. The end. There is no reason he needs to make as much as he does
    Very good point and I agree. He and all command staff and brass should be paid relative to the average Trooper salary, 3-4 times is ridiculous. Their justification is you can't retain good people but apparently that line of thinking doesn't apply to the average Trooper and his/her salary...weird how that works huh?

Oh, and my sergeant makes 58,000 with 29 1/2 years on...

Unregistered

Crack smoker

What crack rock have you been smoking? $60,000. Lol as a Trooper.. Hahahaha. My zone partner has 28 years on and makes 44,000. So you can still use that number and the Colonel still makes over three times that salary... No matter which way you slice it, he is way overpaid if you ask me. Back in the day whenever we had a step plan maybe some of those Troopers are around $60,000 , which might I add are very , VERY few... There maybe 10 throughout the whole state. Then there maybe 10 more that make $50,000..... But don't forget if they are making $50,000 they have been on for over 30 years... And if I'm wrong please call me out and do give names so I can go and look it up... All I, saying is our Colonel should be paid comparatively. The end. There is no reason he needs to make as much as he does
    There are 46 troopers making over 55,000 as their base salary. The highest ones top out at over 68,000. If you don't believe it, look it up. The information is available online.

Crack smoker
    There are 92 troopers making at least $50,000 as their base salary. That's nearly 5 times more than the 20 that you said. If you are going to just spew figures out your ass, without researching anything, then go ahead but if you're going to accuse me of smoking crack for providing real numbers, I will be more than happy to prove you wrong and make you look like the idiot that you are. You can look it up for yourself at the following website.
    http://dmssalaries.herokuapp.com/salaries
    You can address your written apology to crack smoker.

Unregistered
    You don't need to have a Nobel Prize in economics to see that no matter how you slice it, FHP salaries suck. Period. But, this will never change because this agency exemplifies "The Telemarketing Effect" perfectly. Telemarketing is a universally-hated marketing strategy, right? Yet, it continues because it is profitable for the companies involved. If telemarketing didn't make money, it would disappear overnight. Regardless of how it is perceived, the strategy works. The same is true at FHP. Yes, our salaries, especially compared to other large law enforcement agencies, are abyssmal. Yet, this will not change because the Florida Highway Patrol receives more applications than any other law enforcement agency in Florida Ask your Troop's background investigator how many applications we get statewide each month --- the numbers are astronomic. So, with tens of thousands of applicants willing to work for so little, why does the State need to adjust anything? Of course, the issue of quality vs. quantity comes into play---but the State doesn't look into quality. It's all about numbers. And right now, nobody has the numbers that FHP has. Even if a Palm Beach County Sheriff's (or other, high-paying, full-service agency) hiring spree occurs, FHP knows those Troopers are replaceable tomorrow (and that's exactly what happened in Troop L--it received more Troopers out of the Academy han it ever has to make up the PBSO and other agency exodus.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Crack smoker View Post
    There are 92 troopers making at least $50,000 as their base salary. That's nearly 5 times more than the 20 that you said. If you are going to just spew figures out your ass, without researching anything, then go ahead but if you're going to accuse me of smoking crack for providing real numbers, I will be more than happy to prove you wrong and make you look like the idiot that you are. You can look it up for yourself at the following website.
    http://dmssalaries.herokuapp.com/salaries
    You can address your written apology to crack smoker.
    Dear Crack Smoker, ok I had too..... I didn't post what you are referring to, however.. I believe the original poster was making a basic observation and was not portraying to be exact on numbers. Ok so you have 92 Troopers making over $50,000. A whole 92? And how big is our agency again? How many years do those Troopers have on? I agree with the original poster. Even if the average was $50,000 the colonel practically makes 3 times that... No way... Adjust his pay, that's what I got to say....... He should not even make double.

Signed, Mr. Rock

Unregistered
    Not like they are going to do much , but contact your local legislatures...

Unregistered
    Interesting

Unregistered
    You should email this to Rick Scott. ;-)

Unregistered
    I sent this to Rick Scott and he said he is on it

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast