Colonel pay VS. Trooper PAY...... - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    A 10 year patrolman in Tampa has a base pay around 80k, A Lt, around 110,000.00. So how did you come up with 64K for a colonel?.

Relativity.

Unregistered
    A 10 year patrolman in Tampa has a base pay around 80k, A Lt, around 110,000.00. So how did you come up with 64K for a colonel?.

My slow friend. If you take $84,000 x 1.31= $110,000 ( for lt salary). If you take $84,000 X 1.86 = $156,000 (for chief salary).

So if my figures are somewhat correct a Lt in our agency should make about 1.31 times our salary and our Colonel should make about 1.86 times our salary.

So let's take $34,000 X 1.31= $44,540 is what our Lt's should make and $34,000 X 1.86= $63,240 is what our Colonel would make.

I hope you can understand simple math. Also understand that these numbers are polite because they get paid extra for working holidays, shit diff, weekends etc.... And the list goes on. I'm simply stating our colonels salary needs to drop along with every other rank accordingly. We are one of the only agencies where our colonel makes almost 4 times the officer salary... So now you know why they don't give a shit about raises because they know they are already paid comparatively, just not YOU.

Unregistered
    With Obama lovers like you on the payroll, this place will never be fixed. You want to be paid for doing nothing.
    Obama is the biggest Racist out there. He also hates cops.

Unregistered
    The pay sucks.
    We could use better leaders.
    BUT, The Patrol isn't as bad as some who post make
    it out to be. If you took this blog at face value, you would
    think the FHP was a third world sweatshop. People come
    here to vent and rant, nobody comes here to thank troopers
    or express their positive career experiences. Human nature
    I guess.
    The things people say about Brierton, they have said about
    Knight and all the others that have sat in that seat. The Col
    and Lt Col make mistakes, and have obstacles they face
    just like us. Many we will never know about. I'm not saying
    they are the cream of the crop, but they are part of the chain
    of command.
    If you want the patrol to be better, do YOUR part.
    Support the chain of command, support those above and below
    you. Quit spreading rumors and stabbing them in the back.
    Empower them, if they screw up that's between them and their
    higher power. Think and say positive things. Worry less about
    what everyone else has, does and says. Even if you are looking
    for another job or career, you can make it a little better. Quit
    *****ing and be a professional. This site is wide open to the
    whole world, anyone can come and read and post. What you
    say can and will affect how people view the patrol, and view YOU.
    Take your day to day activities seriously and think before you
    post, or speak about a coworker. These days we are all one
    another have. Do you want to lose that?

Unregistered
    My slow friend. If you take $84,000 x 1.31= $110,000 ( for lt salary). If you take $84,000 X 1.86 = $156,000 (for chief salary).

So if my figures are somewhat correct a Lt in our agency should make about 1.31 times our salary and our Colonel should make about 1.86 times our salary.

So let's take $34,000 X 1.31= $44,540 is what our Lt's should make and $34,000 X 1.86= $63,240 is what our Colonel would make.

I hope you can understand simple math. Also understand that these numbers are polite because they get paid extra for working holidays, shit diff, weekends etc.... And the list goes on. I'm simply stating our colonels salary needs to drop along with every other rank accordingly. We are one of the only agencies where our colonel makes almost 4 times the officer salary... So now you know why they don't give a shit about raises because they know they are already paid comparatively, just not YOU.
    You're comparing the salary of a topped out TPD officer but then you're using the base trooper salary in your calculations which skews the numbers. The base salary of an entry level police officer in Tampa is $47,000.00 which is less than half of the base salary of a TPD lieutenant. If you compared the salary of a topped out trooper (I know, we don't have a step plan but senior troopers do make more than entry level troopers), the numbers would be different. We have some troopers making $60,000 a year as their base salary, including CAD. I'm not disagreeing with you that FHP is underpaid at all levels when compared to major metropolitan area law enforcement agencies, but I think that your logic and the numbers that you used in your calculations is flawed.

Unregistered
    Just say it as it is the Highway Patrol's pay sucks the agencies top leadership sucks which affects the whole department. Sorry guy's but it is what it is. There is a lot of life outside the Patrol they just brain wash you to thing there is nothing outside of the patrol but there is.

Unregistered
    You're comparing the salary of a topped out TPD officer but then you're using the base trooper salary in your calculations which skews the numbers. The base salary of an entry level police officer in Tampa is $47,000.00 which is less than half of the base salary of a TPD lieutenant. If you compared the salary of a topped out trooper (I know, we don't have a step plan but senior troopers do make more than entry level troopers), the numbers would be different. We have some troopers making $60,000 a year as their base salary, including CAD. I'm not disagreeing with you that FHP is underpaid at all levels when compared to major metropolitan area law enforcement agencies, but I think that your logic and the numbers that you used in your calculations is flawed.
    What crack rock have you been smoking? $60,000. Lol as a Trooper.. Hahahaha. My zone partner has 28 years on and makes 44,000. So you can still use that number and the Colonel still makes over three times that salary... No matter which way you slice it, he is way overpaid if you ask me. Back in the day whenever we had a step plan maybe some of those Troopers are around $60,000 , which might I add are very , VERY few... There maybe 10 throughout the whole state. Then there maybe 10 more that make $50,000..... But don't forget if they are making $50,000 they have been on for over 30 years... And if I'm wrong please call me out and do give names so I can go and look it up... All I, saying is our Colonel should be paid comparatively. The end. There is no reason he needs to make as much as he does

Unregistered
    The pay should be more for the Colonel. The pay for troopers should be much higher as well. The state don't care.

Unregistered
    Why does captain razz make more than the other captains? She's one of the most junior but makes several thousands more than the rest.

Unregistered
    The pay sucks.
    We could use better leaders.
    BUT, The Patrol isn't as bad as some who post make
    it out to be. If you took this blog at face value, you would
    think the FHP was a third world sweatshop. People come
    here to vent and rant, nobody comes here to thank troopers
    or express their positive career experiences. Human nature
    I guess.
    The things people say about Brierton, they have said about
    Knight and all the others that have sat in that seat. The Col
    and Lt Col make mistakes, and have obstacles they face
    just like us. Many we will never know about. I'm not saying
    they are the cream of the crop, but they are part of the chain
    of command.
    If you want the patrol to be better, do YOUR part.
    Support the chain of command, support those above and below
    you. Quit spreading rumors and stabbing them in the back.
    Empower them, if they screw up that's between them and their
    higher power. Think and say positive things. Worry less about
    what everyone else has, does and says. Even if you are looking
    for another job or career, you can make it a little better. Quit
    *****ing and be a professional. This site is wide open to the
    whole world, anyone can come and read and post. What you
    say can and will affect how people view the patrol, and view YOU.
    Take your day to day activities seriously and think before you
    post, or speak about a coworker. These days we are all one
    another have. Do you want to lose that?
    This sounds a lot like "write a bunch of tickets, make us look good, and next year the big raise and step plan will come back."

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast