Colonel pay VS. Trooper PAY...... - Page 14
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Unregistered

Pay Raise update

10% pay raise for everyone!

Colonel = $14,400

Trooper = $3,800

This should fix the problem of turnovers! Way to go FHP!

Unregistered

Unhappy Raw

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    10% pay raise for everyone!

Colonel = $14,400

Trooper = $3,800

This should fix the problem of turnovers! Way to go FHP!
    If you're starving and somebody throws you a cracker, you gonna be like this: "Goddamn, that's the best cracker I ever ate in my life! - Eddie Murphy, 1987

Damn, that $3,800 looks really good right now....

Unregistered
    If you're starving and somebody throws you a cracker, you gonna be like this: "Goddamn, that's the best cracker I ever ate in my life! - Eddie Murphy, 1987

Damn, that $3,800 looks really good right now....
    I'll take the $14,400 cracker! I think the brass should get the $3800 ($2600 if under 10 years) and the troopers the $14,400. Of course all the capt's and above are leaving for better pay....wait, maybe that's the flip side of the cracker! You're correct, I'll take anything, but that is the reason the FHP is in the shape it is in. Road troopers leaving daily for better pay.

Unregistered
    Just so you know nobody above Major got a raise last year. Did you hear any of the senior management bit*h?
    You act like the Colonel is pushing this, he is not, but why don’t you ask the PBA who is.

Unregistered
    I'll take the $14,400 cracker! I think the brass should get the $3800 ($2600 if under 10 years) and the troopers the $14,400. Of course all the capt's and above are leaving for better pay....wait, maybe that's the flip side of the cracker! You're correct, I'll take anything, but that is the reason the FHP is in the shape it is in. Road troopers leaving daily for better pay.
    It's amazing that FHP has the nerve to complain whenever a road trooper quits and they apply to another agency due to low pay.

If they want to retain troopers, fix the low pay. Simple.

Unregistered
    Just so you know nobody above Major got a raise last year. Did you hear any of the senior management bit*h?
    You act like the Colonel is pushing this, he is not, but why don’t you ask the PBA who is.
    Yea, if I was making 100g's plus (sitting in the office) a year I would be cool missing a year or two of a raise. And why would I question the PBA? At least they are pushing for a raise!

Unregistered
    It's amazing that FHP has the nerve to complain whenever a road trooper quits and they apply to another agency due to low pay.

If they want to retain troopers, fix the low pay. Simple.
    Exactly!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    Yea, if I was making 100g's plus (sitting in the office) a year I would be cool missing a year or two of a raise. And why would I question the PBA? At least they are pushing for a raise!
    Your ignorance is disturbing. The ironic thing is that all of those making 100k plus have done your job before. Unlike you who have no idea what they do and yet feel comfortable judging.

Unregistered
    Your ignorance is disturbing. The ironic thing is that all of those making 100k plus have done your job before. Unlike you who have no idea what they do and yet feel comfortable judging.
    I would disagree that most have "done" a road trooper's job for very long. Most didn't work the road more than five years. Most of our 'brass" came from specialty spots. I think what the poster was pointing out is not a lot of the brass leaving for higher paying jobs. Day shift, weekend holidays off and drive past crashes and DAV's in unmarkeds! We recently had a major drive past a DAV on the interstate and had no shame to call dispatch and request a zone trooper respond! That motorist received their $100,000 worth!

Unregistered
    Any updates? Is the colonel's plan going to go through? We're loosing people here every week!!!

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast