Applying

Thread: Applying

Unregistered

Applying

Hey folks, I've applied to WCSO for road patrol and am looking forward to the process. I don't really know anybody in that part of FL so I can't find out too much about the agency other than what I see on the website and online. Can anybody list some pros/cons as well as any tips? Thanks for the insight.

Chad
    The current sheriff is a great politician. He's from Tallahassee and has a lot of big connections. I think he even got to sit next to the Governor at the last Governor swearing in.

His uncle is the big attorney around that way that has his hands into everything. He cousin, works in the uncles office and also has hands into everything. You can expect to arrest someone on a big case and they'll wind up defending them... It's really weird, but you'll get used to it, we all do.

Most of the higher up positions get filled by people that are part of a political favors owed. You might still have a chance if you only do as your told.

Those that don't ask questions and do strictly as they are told are successful. If you can't keep your mouth shut and follow orders, good luck.

Odds are you'll get an FTO that hasn't made an arrest in years and is going to teach you all you need to know.

Hope you like it.