New Guns
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Guns

Unregistered

New Guns

Anyone heard anything about the new guns and/or caliber?

Unregistered
    I heard they were going to be slingshots with smooth rocks. Not even sharp rocks because the department doesn't want to hurt anyone.

Unregistered
    Anti-race monger device

Unregistered
    Uzi 9mm....

Unregistered
    Kel Tec PLR 16, fully auto 223 with holster.

Unregistered
    More than likely FNH or Glock 9mm weapons if anything. The staff tried these out on their in-service just after the first of the year. 9mm is more abundant and cheaper than our .40 rounds. The FBI has released new studies that indicate the ballistic difference is not that significant between the two rounds given the advances in bullet technology. The question is the short-term cost of replacement versus the long-term savings on ammo.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    More than likely FNH or Glock 9mm weapons if anything. The staff tried these out on their in-service just after the first of the year. 9mm is more abundant and cheaper than our .40 rounds. The FBI has released new studies that indicate the ballistic difference is not that significant between the two rounds given the advances in bullet technology. The question is the short-term cost of replacement versus the long-term savings on ammo.
    What I"d like to know is what happened to all of the data that showed that the 9mm was an ineffective round.

Unregistered
    Glock 17 Gen 4 for what it's worth. I don't agree with the change, but proper shot placement will get the job done no matter what caliber is being used. Sadly, most cops lack in the marksmanship area.

Unregistered
    Agreed shot placement over caliber wins every time.

Unregistered
    What about a different grain on the .40? Seems silly the weapon is fine.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast