New Guns - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: New Guns

Unregistered
    Great post Carl. I remember when we were able to purchase the SIG 226 and 6 mags for an outrageously low price from Spicola Hardware in Ybor. HCSO could've saved a whole lot of hassle (and maybe some money too, by purchasing 9mm conversion barrels (the Storm Lake conversion barrels at Glockmeister.com retails at about $145.00) and the corresponding 9mm mags, and had the armorer change them out at in-service training. Then there would be no need to purchase new holsters and accessories, or to re-train armorers to work on the FN. The conversion barrels diameter are larger than stock barrels to account for the difference in the external diameter between the .40 and 9mm barrels so they don't wobble in the .40 cal slide. It makes you wonder how much research was really done regarding the switch, and if it was due to haste, or whether the switch was made for other, more nefarious reasons.

Unregistered
    Great post Carl. I remember when we were able to purchase the SIG 226 and 6 mags for an outrageously low price from Spicola Hardware in Ybor. HCSO could've saved a whole lot of hassle (and maybe some money too, by purchasing 9mm conversion barrels (the Storm Lake conversion barrels at Glockmeister.com retails at about $145.00) and the corresponding 9mm mags, and had the armorer change them out at in-service training. Then there would be no need to purchase new holsters and accessories, or to re-train armorers to work on the FN. The conversion barrels diameter are larger than stock barrels to account for the difference in the external diameter between the .40 and 9mm barrels so they don't wobble in the .40 cal slide. I wonder if this option was even explored. It makes you wonder how much research was really done regarding the switch, and if it was due to haste, or whether the switch was made for other, more nefarious reasons. (Knee jerk reactions as well as nefarious reasons have been HCSO SOP in the past, LOL)...

Unregistered
    Anyone know where to find an ankle holster for the new compact?

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?sortby...ensionid=20887

Or you can google FNS and search the results

Unregistered
    Heard all the new guns and light kits are in. Just waiting on holsters. New guns are going to start to be issued in July.

Unregistered
    Recently got my new FN. Much better than I thought it would be, I have to admit I bought into all the FN bashing, and can honestly tell you I was wrong great gun. I pointed it at the target pulled the trigger and it went bang..

Unregistered
    The gun is nice, but with a holster not designed for the gun, it is a gamble whether or not it will come out of the holster.

Unregistered
    Gamble really ? By the end of class gun was coming out just fine.

Unregistered
    Let's face the facts. For some, the holster breaks in more easily and for others, it doesn't. Many are having difficulty!

FRJ Posse

Fns9

WOW, I just qualified on my new FNS9 and what a piece of crap. The weapon seems to fire really low from the point of aim (I mean really low) and this was echoed by two other members of the group. This has also been mentioned as a problem on gun blogs too. On top of that, I had a problem with a double feed in the shoot house. This also happened to two other members of the class. Not saying its the gun's fault, it also could be a problem with the new Hornaday ammunition. In all the years I qualified, not one of my Glocks ever had a double feed. Detention should of never got rid of the Glock 19 9mm.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast