Reserve Officer Bedard

Unregistered

Reserve Officer Bedard

I just learned that one of your officers was paid $200 an hour to testify against 3 officers in South Florida in a civil law suit claiming excessive use of force. Bedard stated that "yes, the subect was resisting in the video, but he would have done things differently." He went on to say the officers went over the line and were excessive. Well, I don't know what kind of cop he is, but this subject was obviously resisting arrest and commands and the cops had every right to use force. In fact, according to the use of force matrix, the cops involved used way less force than what they could have have used legally. Bedard made approximately $7,000 to totally speak negatively about the officers involved. I was shocked to hear a fellow officer say the things he said. Anyway, the jury came back in less than an hour and found that the officers acted appropriately and within the use of force matrix while dealing with a violent, intoxicated individual. Way to go Bedard!

Unregistered
    You forgot to mention that the morning of the incident, to be completely transparent; the SAO and FDLE were called in to review the video since the subject fractured his skull when he fell. And guess what Bedard? Both independent agencies cleared the officers of any wrongdoing.....I bet the attorneys for the subject never told you that right?