Ok I'll ask the question that we have all been thinking about - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    It's not going to change. As soon as there is Robbery at the Bull Market or on 42nd St., the Admin will be scrambling and telling us we need to start patrolling HCSO's patrol area. They don't care about what happens on the west of campus, BBD's, and all of those apartment complexes and all the apartments south of campus on McKinley. It's all a gimmick.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's not going to change. As soon as there is Robbery at the Bull Market or on 42nd St., the Admin will be scrambling and telling us we need to start patrolling HCSO's patrol area. They don't care about what happens on the west of campus, BBD's, and all of those apartment complexes and all the apartments south of campus on McKinley. It's all a gimmick.

A Robbery on Bruce B Downs? we would have to immeadiatly lockdown Holly M and evacuate the Post Office, followed quickly by increased focused Traffic Enforcement on sycamore drive ....northbound only. Quick send out a Mobull Alert and send out for a pamphlet drop.

I need to SOCAT myself now. Quick !!!! Someone send out a notification!!!!!!!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant
    First off, why don’t you use your fingers and count. They only six officers on SDU. The med center officer and sgt don’t really count. If you have an issue with the squad then man up and say something to someone. Oh wait you cant because blah blah blah . Instead of bad mouthing other officers THAT YOU WORK WITH, go out and do something about it! The problem with most people around here is that they all want to point fingers when something happens. So we get to auto burglaries and a select few from patrol get their panties in a twist. Shut up and just do your job. I cannot tell you how sick I am of coming into briefing and all I hear is same shit. SGT and CPL’s badmouthing other squads and admin. If you don’t like this place or the way things are headed then leave! Its people like YOU who help contribute to the moral issue we have in patrol.

[We have received a complaint on the above post and a request to "please remove post". The post DOES NOT violate our Terms of Use and will be allowed to remain - Sysop]
    Because we have received a complaint on the post copied above, I wanted to respond to the user reporting this post. I just reviewed the posts in this string and found them professionally written and not in violation of our Terms of Use. If you agree with the current allocation of manpower by the administration, your response should not be to "please remove post". That is how a dictator would handle criticism...simply make it go away. Instead, write something that supports your point of view. If you can't supply a supporting argument (and I haven't seen one yet), then I beg you to give serious weight to the well written responses in this thread.

Unregistered
    First off, why don’t you use your fingers and count. They only six officers on SDU. The med center officer and sgt don’t really count. If you have an issue with the squad then man up and say something to someone. Oh wait you cant because blah blah blah . Instead of bad mouthing other officers THAT YOU WORK WITH, go out and do something about it! The problem with most people around here is that they all want to point fingers when something happens. So we get to auto burglaries and a select few from patrol get their panties in a twist. Shut up and just do your job. I cannot tell you how sick I am of coming into briefing and all I hear is same shit. SGT and CPL’s badmouthing other squads and admin. If you don’t like this place or the way things are headed then leave! Its people like YOU who help contribute to the moral issue we have in patrol.

[We have received a complaint on the above post and a request to "please remove post". The post DOES NOT violate our Terms of Use and will be allowed to remain - Sysop]
    You've got to be kidding me. The individual who posted this is obviously in the minority but is entitled to their opinion, however misguided it may be. Complaining about a post is ridiculous.

Unregistered
    I can't believe USF allows it to continue. Here, here ya go, here's 8 new positions! And this is what we do with them? It's insanity! No offense to the individual officers, it's not their fault. It's just unbelievable someone hasn't stepped in and said enough is enough. It is beyond a waste of time, manpower, and money. Eight officer salaries devoted to this nonsense? About $350000 a year in salaries alone. Honestly they've made some unbelievably stupid decisions but this may top them all. It's never too late to realize a mistake was made. And all the fleshing out and providing direction in the world will not change how unnecessary the existence of this unit is. How nice would it be to have two additional officers on each squad? I guess we'll never know.
    Yeah, with two extra bodies per shift you could call out sick more often to watch football.

Unregistered
    Yeah, with two extra bodies per shift you could call out sick more often to watch football.
    Well not to be too critical of such an insightful post but it doesn't really how many people are working when calling in sick and football season is over. If your point is two extra bodies on a squad won't make a substantial difference I think most would disagree.

Unregistered
    Believe it or not there are a few people at the Officer and street supervisor level who actually care about what is going on in our Juristiction. Personally I and a great number of others could care less what goes on in the good ole moat. The only reason Longo got out of his office and pushed the 1000 ft law change for was to increase HIS traffic stats for his trophy collection. But the Nightmare known as Tom Longo is gone and all of us expected some great change to come forth but sadly we continue to be disappointed with leadership.
    Why are you dragging our former chief into this? He's retired. He got us more stuff and pay raises than the current moron leading this agency has, regardless of what you think of him or his motives. How about your take home car? Did you forget that? And he did this in spite of his bosses, not with them lavishing 8 new positions on him like his unworthy successor got. And at least then we were getting recognition from our local media and law enforcement peers and were winning things. Have you forgotten how it felt to drive your take home to your house that first day? What the hell has bubba done? Even with $350,000 in new money for officers? Only controversy and discontent seems to me. Leaders make progress from nothing and even adversity. Followers say "yes" to everything and create chaos.

Unregistered
    Why are you dragging our former chief into this? He's retired. He got us more stuff and pay raises than the current moron leading this agency has, regardless of what you think of him or his motives. How about your take home car? Did you forget that? And he did this in spite of his bosses, not with them lavishing 8 new positions on him like his unworthy successor got. And at least then we were getting recognition from our local media and law enforcement peers and were winning things. Have you forgotten how it felt to drive your take home to your house that first day? What the hell has bubba done? Even with $350,000 in new money for officers? Only controversy and discontent seems to me. Leaders make progress from nothing and even adversity. Followers say "yes" to everything and create chaos.

Come on Tom ..... really ?

Unregistered
    LOL! Now that would be funny.

Unregistered
    I wrote that comment, and my name isn't Tom. We all don't drink the Cool Aid around here, in fact most of us don't. But we keep our mouths shut because we know how lacking in integrity our leadership is these days.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast