Ok I'll ask the question that we have all been thinking about
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Ok I'll ask the question that we have all been thinking about

Why do we have 8 officers in SDU doing NOTHING to address the sudden rise in crime. They are as useful as our Detectives.

I guess minor traffic violations and walking up on a parked car with some dope smoking pot is what "the leadership" gets damp over and considers it a successful night.

Put these people out in the squads where they should be.

Unregistered
    This place has gone from a bad leader only looking out for stats, awards, and himself, to worse! Now, with all the added extra man power, they take them all away to ride on bikes! Bike patrol is good for special events, parades, and being seen and riding around among the students during the day, other wise this entire bike squad is a huge waste of man power. It doesn't take a Masters Degree to realize the more officers you out, mobile in a car, enforcing traffic, responding to calls, and in general...all over campus in squad cars responding to calls for service, that this campus and the surrounding areas would be a lot more secure. It's not that hard. Do not deplete the basic officer patrol, it is the "backbone" of any agency. It's a shame with all this added man power, that we do not have an overwhelming presence in the basic part of the job and what we are needed for. Very poor Admin. leadership here.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why do we have 8 officers in SDU doing NOTHING to address the sudden rise in crime. They are as useful as our Detectives.

I guess minor traffic violations and walking up on a parked car with some dope smoking pot is what "the leadership" gets damp over and considers it a successful night.

Put these people out in the squads where they should be.
    Exactly. These are undeniable facts.

Unregistered
    I can't believe USF allows it to continue. Here, here ya go, here's 8 new positions! And this is what we do with them? It's insanity! No offense to the individual officers, it's not their fault. It's just unbelievable someone hasn't stepped in and said enough is enough. It is beyond a waste of time, manpower, and money. Eight officer salaries devoted to this nonsense? About $350000 a year in salaries alone. Honestly they've made some unbelievably stupid decisions but this may top them all. It's never too late to realize a mistake was made. And all the fleshing out and providing direction in the world will not change how unnecessary the existence of this unit is. How nice would it be to have two additional officers on each squad? I guess we'll never know.

Unregistered
    I can't believe USF allows it to continue. Here, here ya go, here's 8 new positions! And this is what we do with them? It's insanity! No offense to the individual officers, it's not their fault. It's just unbelievable someone hasn't stepped in and said enough is enough. It is beyond a waste of time, manpower, and money. Eight officer salaries devoted to this nonsense? About $350000 a year in salaries alone. Honestly they've made some unbelievably stupid decisions but this may top them all. It's never too late to realize a mistake was made. And all the fleshing out and providing direction in the world will not change how unnecessary the existence of this unit is. How nice would it be to have two additional officers on each squad? I guess we'll never know.
    *Bumb* However posted this should be promoted into the USF Admin. I hope Long is reading this.

Unregistered
    First off, why don’t you use your fingers and count. They only six officers on SDU. The med center officer and sgt don’t really count. If you have an issue with the squad then man up and say something to someone. Oh wait you cant because blah blah blah . Instead of bad mouthing other officers THAT YOU WORK WITH, go out and do something about it! The problem with most people around here is that they all want to point fingers when something happens. So we get to auto burglaries and a select few from patrol get their panties in a twist. Shut up and just do your job. I cannot tell you how sick I am of coming into briefing and all I hear is same shit. SGT and CPL’s badmouthing other squads and admin. If you don’t like this place or the way things are headed then leave! Its people like YOU who help contribute to the moral issue we have in patrol.

[We have received a complaint on the above post and a request to "please remove post". The post DOES NOT violate our Terms of Use and will be allowed to remain - Sysop]
    Last edited by Sysop; 01-27-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Unregistered
    First off, why don’t you use your fingers and count. They only six officers on SDU. The med center officer and sgt don’t really count. If you have an issue with the squad then man up and say something to someone. Oh wait you cant because blah blah blah . Instead of bad mouthing other officers THAT YOU WORK WITH, go out and do something about it! The problem with most people around here is that they all want to point fingers when something happens. So we get to auto burglaries and a select few from patrol get their panties in a twist. Shut up and just do your job. I cannot tell you how sick I am of coming into briefing and all I hear is same shit. SGT and CPL’s badmouthing other squads and admin. If you don’t like this place or the way things are headed then leave! Its people like YOU who help contribute to the moral issue we have in patrol.
    Sober up buddy and read the complaint. Six officers, plus the other two equal 8. Those 8 are just wasted positions, just plain wasted. I haven't been here long, but it just seems a waste of man power.

Unregistered
    Yeah have another one for me while you’re at it. However, I do agree that we have a lot of issue here, and its not just SDU. I have talked to guys on SDU, and they are just as upset with everything as we are. One day they want traffic and arrest, then the next they want them kissing babies and doing showcase showdowns. Patrol is just as bad. Admin needs to step up and realize that the people that do all the work around here are not happy. This place could be a lot of fun but the sad part is admin will never allow it. Go Bulls and don't forget to get your new training uniform t-shirt!!!

Unregistered
    I think it's pretty obvious no one on here has bad mouthed any of the officers assigned to SDU. It goes without saying it's not their fault.

Unregistered
    Believe it or not there are a few people at the Officer and street supervisor level who actually care about what is going on in our Juristiction. Personally I and a great number of others could care less what goes on in the good ole moat. The only reason Longo got out of his office and pushed the 1000 ft law change for was to increase HIS traffic stats for his trophy collection. But the Nightmare known as Tom Longo is gone and all of us expected some great change to come forth but sadly we continue to be disappointed with leadership.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast