What will be BP's downfall in 2016?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

What will be BP's downfall in 2016?

Those of you who have been around a while, what do you think will be BP's prominent weakness for the 2016 election?

Unregistered
    too many people from the jail in road positions, they are taking over.

IKNOWCHARLOTTE
    BP will be just fine. I just read Pope is running again. I don't think he can even make it close. What has he been doing for the past 2 years? Nothing LE related......

BP is much like Worch......light on personality, but a good Admin and BP was/is a damn good cop.

I agree he has some HR issues - a lot of it is people that Cameron had and he left in place........

BP wins almost 70% head to head vs pope. If someone else jumps in BP wins too.

He will have the power of incumbency and ability to raise lots of $$.

Sorry but you boys and girls that wear the polyester just can't muster enough $$ or support.....1/3 of you don't even live in the county to vote........

Unregistered
    The current Sheriff wins hands down. You don't come in and unseat a sitting Sheriff without some sort of public scandal. And there arent any. If anyone believes rotating shifts and low pay is going to cause the voter to elect a new Sheriff, you have a thing or two to learn about politics also. As far as Pope..the guy was a road trooper.......ummmm...... OK. What part of his background qualifies him to be the Sheriff over anyone else?

Unregistered
    If you want to know what his weaknesses are, it's the people he's chosen to surround himself with. They don't get much worse than his number 2. If I were doing oppositional research I would do a couple of FOIA requests for contracts negotiated by number 2 and his flunkies. Another good idea is to examine the list of donors from the last election. See how many of the jail vendors are on there and got nice contracts afterwards. Interview the ones that got jilted after the election. See if something was implied in return for their support. If you want dirt TR is your best bet.

Unregistered
    I agree with the above post. TR is a rot in this agency. Go after him. BP's complete lack of concern and understanding of his people's needs will not get the voter's attention. They will however understand corruption. Go after the scum he's placed in his admin and see if he'll fall with it. Even if it doesn't take BP out it may take the rest of the trash out and improve this agency some. With TR you need to put pressure on those around him. You need to get them to turn on him before he throws them under the bus. He doesn't rely just on friendship. He's holding stuff over their heads to keep them in line. Everything that the Sheriff's office does aside from open investigations and open contract negotiations is public record. Even the emails are public record. Use the FOIA to get that.

Unregistered

The entire current command staff

The entire current command staff needs to go. You can't have people who run a jail run a law enforcement agency. BPs downfalls is that he is letting the agency fall apart around him and he doesnt care. This is the lowest morale has ever been.

IKNOWCHARLOTTE

Politics wins - no one cares about your command staff

The only way to beat bp, if that's even possible, is to expose his weaknesses. The people of charlotte county don't care about tr and his lack of understanding of your job because he used to run the jail. All the people care about is, they call, you show up. No one really cares if you are miserable in your job or if tr understands zone work or not.

You can foia all the former donations you want - no big surprise - people that do business with ccso gave $$ and they want to keep their business. Unless you can prove that something wasn't bid lawfully, the people have become desensitized to money in politics. People expect that $$ breeds corruption. Remember, $$ is the mothers milk of politics, so whoever challenges bp needs to have the ability to raise it.

To win, you have to find more dirt in the jail recordings....keep the scandal alive and let people draw their own conclusion. Let people think there is more of a scandal than there is. You need to keep nailing bp on mis management - things that people care about, not that your shifts are rotating.

Then you need to find a candidate with roots to the community and a personality. Thats how you go head to head with the incumbent.

Unregistered
    I'm voting who ever gets rid of the pointless rotating shifts and gives up a cost of live raise.

Unregistered
    FOIA won't get you anything good. They won't show that TR and other members of his inner circle received CCSO pricing from vendors for their own personal purchasing (ie. Stuff delivered right to their house). Face it, they've been playing this game a long time. Even if you found something damning they just throw a flunky under the bus. He or she would receive all the blame and they would come smelling like roses. We'll be stuck with BP ang gang until retires or dies.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast