I Believe In Re-Entry If It Includes Trips to VICTORIA'S SECRET!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant DC Consultant (Ret)'s Avatar

Post I Believe In Re-Entry If It Includes Trips to VICTORIA'S SECRET!

Former stripper gets plea deal, probation officer fired over alleged inappropriate relationship

By: Brian Entin Channel 5 TV West Palm Beach

Posted: 5:57 PM, Jan 8, 2015

PALM BEACH COUNTY, Fla. - A former stripper accused of robbery got a sudden plea deal after new allegations that her probation officer was calling her princess and asking her to model underwear.
    "He was holding jail over my head...that was always the case," Bridget McAllister said.

McAllister was charged with robbery in 2010 and later took off while on probation.

According to those allegations McAllister, a dancer at the time, got a ride home from a customer and then led the victim to an alley where her then fiancé was waiting to rob him.

McAllister has denied that is what really happened.

She eventually turned herself in, and told investigators she was scared and ran because of an inappropriate relationship with her probation officer.

"It was really uncomfortable to be under someone with a position of power over you and could send you to jail and is propositioning you in those kind of ways," McAllister said.

The probation officer, Steven Oberg, was terminated by the Department of Corrections after an Inspector General Investigation.

The investigation alleges Oberg would hug her and lift her off the ground, call her princess and sunshine, and even took her to Victoria Secret, helped her pick out underwear, and then asked her to model them.

"At first they didn't believe her when she brought the allegations against her probation officer, but then there was an investigation conducted," McAllister's attorney Mark Reiner said.

McAllister got time served and left court Thursday with no jail time to serve as part of the plea deal.

The probation officer's attorney says Oberg admits to texting with McAllister, but denies all other allegations like taking her to a strip club.

In the Inspector General's report, it quotes Oberg as saying: "Princess was a nickname she gave herself. I was just trying to be friendly."

Reiner worries there could be other people who had inappropriate relationships with the officer.

"Who knows how many other people out there this occurred to with this particular officer...or if there is a lack of oversight overall," Reiner said.

McAllister looks forward to putting this chapter of her life behind her.

"I felt a lot of pressure that if I said anything it would get worse, like kicking a hornet’s nest. He made it clear I was never going to win this," McAllister said.

The Florida Department of Corrections confirms the officer was dismissed in November.

Unregistered
    Well-the officers have been encouraged to get involved in providing clothes to the offenders via clothing closets-this officer just upgraded the clothing items.

Unregistered
    Lingerie modeling, Victoria Secret trips help ex-stripper win freedom in Palm Beach County court

 8:33 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 8, 2015 | Filed in:Palm Beach Post Crime

Allegations that a probation officer drove one of his charges to and from work at a strip club and asked her to model Victoria’s Secret underwear paved the way Thursday for a plea deal for a woman who could have gone to prison for skipping out on her probation.

Former Flashdance dancer Bridget McAllister accepted a plea deal that kept her out of prison for leaving the state just a year into her three-year probation sentence for robbery and allowed her to end her probation two years early.

Bridget McAllister

Why such a generous deal?

Though McAllister made headlines when she turned herself in while seven months pregnant last year, her attorney, Marc Reiner, said prosecutors approached him with the deal because if he had taken the case to trial, he would have proved that McAllister hid out of state for almost two years to get away from her former probation officer, Steven Oberg.

“It was so hard in the beginning to get anyone to even believe me about what was going on,” McAllister said Thursday. “But it got so bad I remember thinking that I should’ve just taken the felony [conviction] and never gone on probation.”

When Reiner went to visit McAllister at the Palm Beach County Jail after she turned herself in, she told him she was scared of retribution from both Oberg and his wife, who came to her house and confronted her angrily over suspicions the two were having an affair.

According to a Florida Department of Corrections inspector general report, McAllister’s relationship with Oberg included rides to her job at Flashdance on Purdy Lane in West Palm Beach and a trip to a Victoria’s Secret store, where the probation officer helped her pick out underwear and later asked her to model the lingerie.

The 15-page report also shows McAllister produced text messages that detailed the inappropriate relationship, where Oberg referred to her as “princess” and “sunshine” and brought monthly probation reports to her house for her to fill out instead of requiring she come to his office like other probationers.

On Thursday McAllister said that Oberg “always had a weirdness about him from day one,” but didn’t become agressive with her until at least six months into her sentence. He started with the daily text messages, and later stated taking her to work.

McAllister said Oberd also sometimes came in to Flashdance to pick her up and saw her undressed while she was working. She said he would also routinely show up to her house unannounced, text her to say he was outside and then take her for a drive or to get something to eat.

On the day of the Victoria’s Secret trip, McAllister said Oberg picked her up on the guise f taking her somewhere to complete her community service, but then drove her to the mall. The lingerie store was the only place they vsited while they were there.

McAllister told DOC officials that when Oberg asked her to see the underwear she’d bought, she gave him a partial view by pulling down the front or back of her pants. She said though she feared his advances might lead to a request for sex, she was even more afraid that he’d violate her probation and send her to prison if she rejected him.

Department of Corrections officials on Thursday confirmed that Oberg was fired Nov. 14. When questioned about the relationship, Oberg said McAllister referred to herself as “princess” and said that he was just trying to be friendly. When questioned, Oberg referred to McAllister and a “stripper and a “crack head.”

“That is her way of life. To manipulate men into getting what she wants,” he said.

McAllister, who was freed on bail last year just weeks before giving birth to her daughter, was supposed to have a hearing Thursday before Circuit Judge Stephen Rapp over her probation violation but instead accepted a plea of time served from prosecutors.

“Even though she pleaded guilty, today she exonerated herself,” Reiner said of his client. “Even if she took the case to trial and won, the best that could have happened is she would have had to go back on probation in the same system she complained about.”

McAllister said she got in her car and headed out of Florida immediately afterward. No longer a stripper, McAllister says she is looking forward to putting the case behind her and hopes to eventually get her record expunged and her civil rights restored.

Unregistered
    That's what I want to do. Give up my job, retirement and wife for a pregnant, offender stripper. What an idiot. He got what he deserved! Good riddance, I hope it was worth it. What a dumb ass.

Unregistered
    I hope they took his retirement, everything. What a scumbag.

Unregistered
    Everybody sing....I'm N Luv wit a Stripper....

Unregistered
    LOL! And all the idiot got out of the whole thing was a hug without a tug! He looses his job,certification, probably his wife and all for a stripper on felony probation. How stupid can you be???

Unregistered
    Hey yall. How yall doin? Well I'd like to dedicate this video in honor of former co-worker Steve Oberg. Hope yall enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5NjAGcO6o4

Unregistered
    You are correct. Everyone in circuit six seems to be cry babies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast