Hiring pre-certs
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Question Hiring pre-certs

On Facebook, HCSO is advertising that they are recruiting pre-certs to be deputies.

What has happened?

Is sanity coming back?

Unregistered
    What has happened is there are sometimes 4 deputies covering an entire district... so yeah, they need to get serious about filling the 400 vacancies.

Unregistered
    Do you still have to do that SOT crap, and get screamed and yell at like a 2 y/o bad kid?

Unregistered
    If you can't handle a training officer yelling at you, do you think you are going to be able to handle the public yelling at you. Do us a favor and stick to bagging groceries.

Unregistered
    I'll take the public yelling at me all day long. After being a cop for 10+ years, I don't need some ego J/O in training or whatever they call themselves screaming at me. I treat this job as a profession, which means we act like PROFESSIONALS. Not ego J/O's screaming and yelling to make themselves feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'll take the public yelling at me all day long. After being a cop for 10+ years, I don't need some ego J/O in training or whatever they call themselves screaming at me. I treat this job as a profession, which means we act like PROFESSIONALS. Not ego J/O's screaming and yelling to make themselves feel better.

One of the first posts about or SOT training program that actually made sense.

Unregistered
    Those comments always come from deputies who haven't experienced SOT.

Unregistered

hmmmm

That's because any deputy or supervisor worth his salt didn't have to deal with SOT. That's a joke for rookies. Get off your high SOT horse.

Unregistered
    If he can't handle it when he knows that it is coming, he will be one of those deputies that complain when he does something wrong and a supervisor gives him a good butt chewing. Oh lieutenant or captain, my sergeant just yelled at me. Grow a set and just deal with it or stay at your current low paying agency.

Unregistered
    I can see the SOT for rookies who were never cops. For the experienced cop it is a joke. There are people who would come here from much tougher agencies to work at HCSO and don't need somebody treating them like a AH. Can you see someone with 10 years at NYPD or LAPD coming to HCSO and putting up with that SOT crap.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast