GG Gone, What's Going On?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

GG Gone, What's Going On?

So what happened to GG?

Unregistered
    Heard since he and the other Lt. C's were passed over for a Major, he said enough was enough and he beat feet. Shows how much confidence the director has in his command staff. Also, the Sheriff in Tally area died Christmas Eve and GG might have his sights set on that. GG told many that the former DEP folks, after the hostel take over, stepped back into the dark ages after the old folks and old ways took control and/or custody. I haven't seen many pre-merger FWC folks make many criminal cases in any State Parks. After countless training they still can't do a simple traffic crash and just tot it to the counties/FHP.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Heard since he and the other Lt. C's were passed over for a Major, he said enough was enough and he beat feet. Shows how much confidence the director has in his command staff. Also, the Sheriff in Tally area died Christmas Eve and GG might have his sights set on that. GG told many that the former DEP folks, after the hostel take over, stepped back into the dark ages after the old folks and old ways took control and/or custody. I haven't seen many pre-merger FWC folks make many criminal cases in any State Parks. After countless training they still can't do a simple traffic crash and just tot it to the counties/FHP.
    The name is Fish and Wildlife Commission. Do you see or hear traffic enforcement in that? TOT is the correct answer. Resource, resource, resource. Now check the paper in the main restrooms. Carry on.

No Confidence
    It is very interesting that all of the Ltc were passed over, there is a apparent lack of trust in the command staff. Are the current Ltc even qualified to hold their positions now? What about the current Majors? Or Capts? Or Lt?

Unregistered

Angry

Another important issue is purging all former DEP officers from FWC. Further, absolutely no promotions for any of them. They don't deserve to be here.

Unregistered
    DEP guys are getting promoted in South A. I guess all the Lt Col are short timers hopefully the new Col will be here awhile.

Unregistered
    Another important issue is purging all former DEP officers from FWC. Further, absolutely no promotions for any of them. They don't deserve to be here.
    We only have two out of seven in our area left. Three quit and two retired since the merger.

Unregistered
    Former DEP officers in my area are working circles around most of the existing FWC slugs. Guess it depends on where you are.

Unregistered
    Former DEP officers in my area are working circles around most of the existing FWC slugs. Guess it depends on where you are.
    Yeah it really must. The DEP folks in our area (S Fl.) just spend time running in circles. Have you ever thought about how unfair it is that DEP officers who were hired under a totally different standard are now the same as a FWC Law Enforcement Officer? I know a DEP officer who was hired with a blind eye. TOTALLY different standard.

Unregistered
    Yeah it really must. The DEP folks in our area (S Fl.) just spend time running in circles. Have you ever thought about how unfair it is that DEP officers who were hired under a totally different standard are now the same as a FWC Law Enforcement Officer? I know a DEP officer who was hired with a blind eye. TOTALLY different standard.
    The problem you are having is you are associating the merger with DEP as having hired the DEP officers. They were not hired into FWC, they were merged. They were not required to re-do physicals just as you were not required to go through the process. Many of the FWC Officers who were in the agency prior to the merger get it that since the merger, we are responsible for many more areas than we were before and that no officer knows it all. The officers who excell in resource are generally not as knowledgeable or active on the water and vis-versa. The park and state forest guys are the same. If you think their job is so much easier than yours, I hear there are a number of openings with the retirement, promotions, and job swapping of the DEP guys. On the other hand, you may not like it so much if you find out that you can not TOT all of the crashes, domestics, traffic issues, etc since that is your primary job.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast