HCSO deputy goes for headlines by arresting St. Pete cop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

HCSO deputy goes for headlines by arresting St. Pete cop

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...-tampa/2210277

Doing traffic at 1AM? Must have been a dull night in Hillsborough.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...-tampa/2210277

Doing traffic at 1AM? Must have been a dull night in Hillsborough.
    What a stupid comment. The dumb azz ran a red light dufus and besides that he was drunk. I guess that's cool to do in St.Pete

Unregistered
    I don't know if the driver was impaired or not. I have my opinion on when discretion is and is not appropriate for any driver (and DUI is still a traffic charge), but I am not here to debate that either. I think HCSO has made it very clear that they will arrest anyone and everyone over the last several years. It should not come as a surprise to anyone by this point.

Traffic enforcement at 1 AM? Why? Does St. Pete not have cars?

Unregistered
    For some people, it is just never the criminal's fault. Always have to place blame somewhere else... Our society no longer values the concept of personal responsibility.

With that said, I personally use discretion when feasible. There are certain mitigating circumstances where it may not be feasible. I will never sacrifice my career to benefit someone who has committed a crime. Sometimes discretion can be used, and sometimes it can't.

I wasn't there for this incident, so I don't truly know.

Unregistered

Pathetic

Cops being spat on and and protests nationwide calling for cops to be hunted down and killed. Yet on top of all of that, hcso now routinely shows zero discretion and arrests cops from neighboring agencies, including it's own. Look hard at what this profession has now become and get out as quick as you possibly can. Has to be the worst job in America right now.

Good Grief

wow

So apparently it's ok for another LEO to commit a crime and we are supposed to look the other way just because he carries a badge? Whatever happened to being held to a higher standard as an officer of the law and taking responsibility for your own actions? Instead of blaming the deputy that arrested the alleged intoxicated officer, maybe you should question why a police officer who has sworn to uphold the law is committing a crime in the first place and be thankful that he didn't harm himself or anyone else when he ran that light. I really think it is funny just how negative and jaded this website is. I'm all for brotherhood and solidarity and all of that, but come on. The guy shouldn't have been behind the wheel and he got what anyone else in the same situation would. Why should there be any exception? You talk about public perception but how would that IA case look when revealed to the general public that deputies didn't arrest a possibly intoxicated police officer when they arrested however many more that night? Use your heads. Stay safe out there guys.

Unregistered
    You mean the St Pete Cop made the headlines. The deputy was doing his job.

I am astounded with your response.

First DUI is not just another "traffic charge". It is a criminal traffic charge unlike most traffic charges that are civil.

And why would we enforce traffic laws at 1AM? I will make this very simple.......11 accidents, involving 6 deaths, from wrong way drivers is a good start and one that needs no further explication.

Unregistered
    This is what happens when a office hires only liberal headed, fresh out of college, zero life experienced youngsters that put a badge on their chest and suddenly think they know everything. Deputies so naïve that they feel giving a fellow brother officer a break in a profession right now that is already being plastered all over the headlines with threats from thousands of racially charged nationwide protesters to indiscriminately attack & kill the police is to much to ask. I'll leave it at this..........see how you feel about this decision ten years down the road. Maybe that will be enough time for some to grow up and learn that the only thing between your naïve way of thinking and going home to your family at the end of your shift, is your fellow brother officers. Learn to treat them like family, as one day soon they might be the very and only person around to save your ass!

Unregistered
    Part of maintaining the brotherhood is not committing a crime or doing anything to tarnish our honorable profession. We are our own worst enemy lately, compounded with the liberal and racist media. We need to step up and show the nation and community that we are ethical and responsible leaders. Driving drunk doesn't accomplish that goal. Live your life with responsibility and integrity, so as NOT to place a fellow brother in the position of arresting you.

It is very likely this deputy did not have another option. Don't blame him/her for responding to the actions of a criminal.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast