Way to go Paul unbelievable!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Way to go Paul unbelievable!!!

A Margate police officer is awaiting punishment after an internal affairs investigation determined he pointed his pistol at a fellow cop while uttering a vague threat.

Officials said Officer Paul Lindeman aimed his .40-caliber Glock at Officer Eric Womer and told him to "give me a reason." Other officers who witnessed the episode say they neglected to report it because they didn't want to be a "rat," thought Lindemen was joking, or were intimidated by him.

Witnesses were also unclear about when the incident actually happened: Sometime between September 2013 and this past March, they said.

A police spokesman said a decision about Lindeman's punishment has yet to be made. The investigation was only completed this week and made public Thursday.

According to three police witnesses, Lindeman and Womer were among a group on a meal break at the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge. Womer was preparing food and Lindeman was lying on a couch. One of the officers was alarmed to see a red dot on Womer's back and immediately recognized it as a pistol's laser target. "That's not [expletive] cool," the witness said.

Hearing that, Womer turned around and put his hands in the air, according to the witness.

"Give me a reason," Lindeman taunted, according to one witness.

"Go ahead, bro … if you're going to do it, just do it," another witness recalled Womer saying.

Lindeman then said, "You're not worth it," the report recounted, and holstered his weapon.

Womer was not wearing his bullet-proof vest, which investigators said "further exacerbates the carelessness of this act."

According to investigators, Womer didn't report the incident because he feared he'd be labeled a "rat" who cost a fellow cop his job. The others said they were afraid of Lindeman, or thought the whole incident was horseplay.

Lindeman told investigators he pointed his Glock in Womer's "general direction," but not directly at him. "He also characterized his remarks that night by describing them as a joke," the report stated.

A union representative told investigators Lindeman, 34, has learned from the incident and has promised not to do it again. He has been with the department since 2003.

Investigators concluded Lindeman didn't commit workplace violence because there was no intent to do so. But they found him guilty of violating three other department rules, including weapon safety protocols, weapon handling and conduct unbecoming an officer.

The report faulted Lindeman for having "a negligent disregard" for Womer's safety and "for bringing discredit upon himself and the Margate Police Department for perpetrating a careless act that could result in unintended consequences in the form of injury or death to a co-worker."

Unregistered
    This deparment sounds like a mess didn't an officer get fired for a phone call threat recently . If they don't fire this guy Omg what's gonna happen what about workplace violence sounds like it to me.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This deparment sounds like a mess didn't an officer get fired for a phone call threat recently . If they don't fire this guy Omg what's gonna happen what about workplace violence sounds like it to me.
    Wow! Can't cover this one up can u you IA....you tried but not this time! A lot more to come!!!

Unregistered
    Wow! Can't cover this one up can u you IA....you tried but not this time! A lot more to come!!!
    Several supervisors have tried to cover this up and even tried to threaten charging the individuals who came forward with speaking in regards to this incident. Those supervisors need to be held accountable for their actions and be reported to FDLE if they have not already been. It was actually IA administrators who tried to cover it up. It's time for a change over there at Margate! Everyone is tired of the nonsense and it is going to stop!! LML, LH, DW, LS, MB.....!!!!!!

Unregistered
    Several supervisors have tried to cover this up and even tried to threaten charging the individuals who came forward with speaking in regards to this incident. Those supervisors need to be held accountable for their actions and be reported to FDLE if they have not already been. It was actually IA administrators who tried to cover it up. It's time for a change over there at Margate! Everyone is tired of the nonsense and it is going to stop!! LML, LH, DW, LS, MB.....!!!!!!
    What administration does not want you to know, not that they delved into it while doing a half hearted investigation is that PL has done this on multiple occasions! He has done it to said officer more than once and to others. The union rep. Said PL has learned his lesson....come on! Admin. Makes it okay when they want to and do what they wish! No more they don't!! The cat is out of the bag and every incident will be reported accordingly by the news to further prove those folks are disasters and cannot and will not get away with the garbage! They will have to learn and change one way or the other!!!!

Unregistered
    What a messed up place to work .. not only do you have to deal with the scum on the streets . You have to deal with egotistical bass holes. . You know I wanted to be a cop but after what I read I'm not sure it's worth it.. I mean does this crap happen everywhere .. I met this cop once in margate .. I think his name was similar to the guy that was is the news paper for having a gun pointed at him.. he was a super nice guy and gave me information on how to become a cop.. but the more and more I read this stuff I'm not so sure. I actually aplied for margate a while back . But i didn't make it through.. o well guess not meant to be.. good luck to all of you who work hard to not get the badge tarnished. Too many cops these days like the guy you work with pointing the gun at the other cop.. maybe it was a joke. But Evan so .. what makes you think that pointin yout gun at someone is a joke or funny. Sounds like that guy has a really ducked up personality. Kinda evil or maybe a bully.. very sad either way good luck margate lol.. watch your 6 because you have guys you work with pointing guns at eachother

Unregistered
    . Alot of guys have said.. that Pl is a bully and has a crap personality .. honestly EW is a really nice guy. Probably one of the nicest guys in the department which honestly can be his downfall.. if he would have came forward in the begging we wouldn't have to keep working with this guy. I mean honestly PL is a useless cop anyway. His personality sucks. He is way to rough on calls.. I saw him recently do some questionable things.. this department does whatever they want some people get suspensions for being out of zone or kicking someone shoe. But someone points a gun and they have yet to do anything . I don't get it. This guy is a horrble, lazy sleep on the shift and do ntohing to help his Co workers cop. The guy thinks he is a supervisor .. he comes to calls and just stands there with his arms folded the guys a joke.

Unregistered
    Isn't he like BFF with the other K-9 officer. I heard that officer (G.W.) helped him get that K-9 position.

I believe he even calls him his second son, what a disgrace!!

S.E. I hope your attorney is reading these posts. They should just give you back your job with all the back pay.
    If not I hope you embarrass the admin. even more than this incident did.

Unregistered
    Wow that's so crazy . Sounds corrupt

Unregistered
    It appears from these posts and knowing personally some of these officers, this agency is going down the toilet.

What happened to the traffic guy SR who got a arrested and can't get along with the others in the Unit???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast