Stress from HCSO kills another deputy

Unregistered

Stress from HCSO kills another deputy

The unbelievable amount of nitpicking and micromanaging bullshit this agency has been putting its deputies under the past few years has claimed another life. May he rest in peace, those of us who knew him well knew the amount of undue stress this agency constantly put him under. The responsibility for this healthy young man suffering a heart attack before the age of 50 rests solely on HCSO.

And, it is un****ing believable that we as deputies continue to allow HCSO to constantly put this amount of stress on us, where nothing we do is ever good enough.

Now the question for us is, what are we going to do about it? Do you remember R.D. from D2 who took his own life a few years ago? He had many of the same work related issues. Great deputy, but nothing from him was ever good enough for this agency. Sure, everyone was sad when it happened, but after a while HCSO was back to the same old “ride ‘em to death” (literally) , “nothing is ever good enough” agency it became a few years ago, and now it has taken another life.

R.I.P. Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The unbelievable amount of nitpicking and micromanaging bullshit this agency has been putting its deputies under the past few years has claimed another life. May he rest in peace, those of us who knew him well knew the amount of undue stress this agency constantly put him under. The responsibility for this healthy young man suffering a heart attack before the age of 50 rests solely on HCSO.

And, it is un****ing believable that we as deputies continue to allow HCSO to constantly put this amount of stress on us, where nothing we do is ever good enough.

Now the question for us is, what are we going to do about it? Do you remember R.D. from D2 who took his own life a few years ago? He had many of the same work related issues. Great deputy, but nothing from him was ever good enough for this agency. Sure, everyone was sad when it happened, but after a while HCSO was back to the same old “ride ‘em to death” (literally) , “nothing is ever good enough” agency it became a few years ago, and now it has taken another life.

R.I.P. Brother
    How dare you sully the memory of a fine individual with this utter crap. You claim you wish him to “rest in peace” but you bring his death into your agenda of hate and misinformation. You have absolutely no way of knowing what congenital issues he may have had, to make an inflammatory statement that his death “rests solely on HCSO” is simply incredulous.

You conveniently left out the fact in the other individual you mentioned that his primary issue was a failed relationship, only thing work related was that they both worked here. Life is stressful and work in the law enforcement field is stressful. Only you can determine if you have the ability to manage that stress effectively. Only pure scum with propose that “nitpicking” caused someone’s heart to stop. Shame on you.

Unregistered
    I successfully retired from a long time career in police work in Florida. During that time our agency along with 3 others across the country were involved in stress related issues strictly for law enforcement and corrections throughout the USA. DOJ published the findings..The entire LEO family was involved in the study.. kids, wife's.. girlfriends.. whoever the significant other was.. I worked in every division you could imagine.. street, narcotics, detective bureau, major crimes, homicides, and throughout all of these units.. I was on the crisis negotiation team.. all while attending night school at Barry University and finally retiring from a staff position.

One thing all LEOS and Corrections Officers must know.. they are in control of their own life.. ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING.. home, job, and your outside activities. If you allow any agency or job to let the stress get to you.. seek assistance immediately from competent individuals. One MUST have a strong support including friends and family.. and not all related 'cop friends"..eat healthy and workout daily.. even a walk.. and yes their was a time I too blamed the agency.. when in fact it was ME that allowed that to happen.. do the job the best you can.. you will never change the system.. enjoy what you do have... a job.. and benefits..and save as much as you can.. if you really still do not like where you are at in your life.. seek a change... either through your job.. or career change..

I did and eventually retired from a state and city agency.. when I could no longer take the politics instead of being a true cop.. good luck.. as one day it all comes to an end..and only the memories will survive.. ENJOY THE JOURNEY WHILE YOU CAN..

also LEOAFFAIRS is a very negative site to vent these issues on.. and only fuels the fire and nothing more..

Unregistered
    To be successful in this profession you have to love the job. There is a certain amount of public appreciation that makes you feel good about the risk you take keeping them safe. Internally, we wear our trinkets and pins that costs almost nothing but we know what it takes to earn them. A recent retiree put it in prospective for me, when your gone someone will take your place immediately, although you are friendly with many you work with, you are friends with damn few. At the end of the day, only you know whether you gave a descent days work or put it on cruise control. Only you know whether you stopped to investigate a open window or just drove by, only you know whether you dodged calls and stuck somebody else with them. Self pride is all your gonna take from this job, because your in a job that never ends and someone will be out there long after you are gone still copying calls and *****ing about the latest transfer or promotions, its just what cops do.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by copper spoon View Post
    how dare you sully the memory of a fine individual with this utter crap. You claim you wish him to “rest in peace” but you bring his death into your agenda of hate and misinformation. You have absolutely no way of knowing what congenital issues he may have had, to make an inflammatory statement that his death “rests solely on hcso” is simply incredulous.

You conveniently left out the fact in the other individual you mentioned that his primary issue was a failed relationship, only thing work related was that they both worked here. Life is stressful and work in the law enforcement field is stressful. Only you can determine if you have the ability to manage that stress effectively. Only pure scum with propose that “nitpicking” caused someone’s heart to stop. Shame on you.
    very well said!

Unregistered

R.I.P. Brother
    You are a complete idiot and Jack Ass. Having worked side by side with him for many years, I can assure that you would be hard pressed to find anybody has laid back and relaxed than Gus.
    I can assure you that he loved his job and enjoyed coming to work every day, unlike you JACK ASS.

Hey ****HEAD do you think the the fact that heart disease ran in his family might of been a contributing cause.

Start a new thread to ***** and cry, because you are so over worked and nothing you do us right, you PUNK ASS *****.

RIP MY BROTHER WE WILL FOREVER MISS YOU.

Unregistered
    Wow. Well said. It sounds like you came straight from the street corner in the hood.

Unregistered
    Wow. Well said. It sounds like you came straight from the street corner in the hood.
    I think he toned it down nicely compared to what I was thinking. I was thinking I'd like to punch his teeth down his throat for using a brother's death to push his selfish agenda.

Unregistered
    Wow so you have issue for some one being called out, and no issue with a Jack ass using a brother's death to pimp angend. I agree with both responses. The guy is an ass clown, and the fact you have no issue with his post, well that pretty much sums the kinda person you are as well.