Marked cars? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Marked cars?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Making captains select exempt was the worse thing ever. Some captains used to speak up for us now it’s all crickets.
    I think the captains are useless. All of them. They could completely eliminate the whole lot of them and there would be no interruption of anything. The captains know it too. That is why they don't want to draw any attention. That and the fact that they have no useable knowledge. Don't get me started on majors.

Unregistered
    I thought I heard it all until the majors told us we had to take a lunch break everyday. We argued, what if were working straight through and eating as we drive since some of our districts are so big and the answer was pull over on the side of the road for 30 minutes and document it on the DAS

Unregistered
    I thought I heard it all until the majors told us we had to take a lunch break everyday. We argued, what if were working straight through and eating as we drive since some of our districts are so big and the answer was pull over on the side of the road for 30 minutes and document it on the DAS
    You can't make his stuff up. When you talk to people in other agencies about our way of doing business they just shake their heads in disbelief. Yet it seems normal to TCO. Alternate reality? I saw the same thing on Rick and Morty.

Tattoo Mike
    Good point. One of these days we will have leadership that actually tries to LEAD us and not try to save us from ourselves. Every TB comes in here with delusions of grandeur and tries to reinvent us. You can't just take a 30 yr guy from a municipal agency like Titusville and drop him into a state regulatory agency (yes boys and girls that is what we are). Couple that with a A/C from DEA, two Majors with no prior LE experience, and most of our Captains not coming up through the ranks and it is a recipe for disaster. I can't remember a time when our agency was such a mess. We are all over the map. Rudderless. I don't wish anyone ill will or getting the boot but we really need a reset at the top. I honestly think it would be in the best interest of both our agency and TB.
    This place just stinks .

Unregistered
    Non-traditional and you don't see the irony? Nothing about this place is traditional law enforcement. Civilian oversight, HR calls the shots and tells you who and what to do, people are allowed to be LT, captain, major, chief, assistant Chief, director, deputy director without spending so much as a single day learning about this place, constantly changing strategy, documents created to track other documents, daily quadruple reporting, to name just a few things. Not to mention this agency gets smaller every time you look at the alpha list, the unacceptable input from 12 layers of bureaucracy, and power dms, check your phone use, count your shirts and pants, check your first aid kit and document that on a form then put the same on another spreadsheet. No boby with a badge does that in a real law enforcement agency. Non-traditional is the nicest description I have ever heard about ABT. No excuse me while I update the executive summary about my compliance checks.
    Worth a repeat.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    Gather 'round kids. Let me tell you a story that defies logic.

We once had a director that wanted to share his vision of what a plain clothes investigative agency should be.

This director spent tens of thousands to bring that vision to realty. This particular brand of lunacy included Class A and Class B uniforms. Not the standard stuff mind you, but real showcase stuff which included real Stetson campaign hats, shiny Safariland duty gear, shiny shoes and a breast plate size badge that could signal circling aircraft. Just when you thought it couldn't get any crazier, along came 12 brand new police package Impalas. These weren't your normal Impalas. These babies were fully police equipped with state of the art front and rear led blue lights, corner strobes, rear flashing arrow bar, full featured siren/pa control panel, shotgun rack, cage, and every thing else you would see in a real police car. They were marked with beautiful graphics and drew a crowd at every Sonny's in Florida. This same genius issued UTC books! Can you believe it? We couldn't either.

A few months go by and the genius director was flushed along with his dream of reinventing ABT to a uniformed patrol agency or the laughing stock of state law enforcement - we were never quite sure since the dream was not openly shared.
    The cars were eventually stripped and the very expensive uniforms and gear were given to less fortunate agencies.
    Despite all that craziness it still wasn't the worse thing to happen here.
    I love this post. Is Uncle Buck still around?

Unregistered
    Our office still has one of the marked, then unmarked cars. It’s a spare but it’s awesome for off duty traffic details with all the lights!!!

Unregistered
    Our office still has one of the marked, then unmarked cars. It’s a spare but it’s awesome for off duty traffic details with all the lights!!!
    Use it while you can! Those traffic details are about to be shut down. The new policy prohibits them. Probably after the holidays though so you can still get the kids something nice.

Unregistered
    I agree with that policy. We have no business working a traffic detail in our cars. Look at the nissans just to name one, hardly any lights in the back can’t see see them u too your right there. No business being on the road

Unregistered
    I don’t agree with class a uniforms for all but I do believe our agency should have an honor guard. In the unfortunate event that we ever loose an agent, and yes I said agent and not “member” agencies from all over the state and country would attend the funeral. Only right we should have an honor guard that at least attends in state funerals. But then again no one was allowed to drive a state car to a captains funeral last year.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast