Marked cars? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marked cars?

Unregistered
    my Lt tell me that perfume lady says we soon have to park cars at office and can’t use on 208 or drive home anymore by order of chief expect this to happen in summer and you think we can’t keep people in south region now just wait

Unregistered
    Believe me, they won’t take our take homes away, they may deny us use for off duty but they won’t take them away.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Believe me, they won’t take our take homes away, they may deny us use for off duty but they won’t take them away.
    There is nothing and I mean nothing that requires you to have a take home car. This was looked at more than once and the only reason it didn't happen was the admin at the time was concerned about the flood of vacancies.

Unregistered
    And that will still happen. We have a hard enough time recruiting now, heck 3 agents and a captain left today, you think if you take take home cars away everyone will stay?

Unregistered
    And that will still happen. We have a hard enough time recruiting now, heck 3 agents and a captain left today, you think if you take take home cars away everyone will stay?
    There are an endless supply of applicants so car or no car it doesn't matter. There is always going to be someone that will do what you do for less money.

Unregistered
    What office do you work in? Obviously not the south. Fort myers has been half staffed for almost two years. Miami has never been fully staffed. West palm is down 2. Endless supply of applicants ok.

Unregistered
    What office do you work in? Obviously not the south. Fort myers has been half staffed for almost two years. Miami has never been fully staffed. West palm is down 2. Endless supply of applicants ok.
    Local rep and creds my friend. They have a lot to do with applicants.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Buck View Post
    Gather 'round kids. Let me tell you a story that defies logic.

We once had a director that wanted to share his vision of what a plain clothes investigative agency should be.

This director spent tens of thousands to bring that vision to realty. This particular brand of lunacy included Class A and Class B uniforms. Not the standard stuff mind you, but real showcase stuff which included real Stetson campaign hats, shiny Safariland duty gear, shiny shoes and a breast plate size badge that could signal circling aircraft. Just when you thought it couldn't get any crazier, along came 12 brand new police package Impalas. These weren't your normal Impalas. These babies were fully police equipped with state of the art front and rear led blue lights, corner strobes, rear flashing arrow bar, full featured siren/pa control panel, shotgun rack, cage, and every thing else you would see in a real police car. They were marked with beautiful graphics and drew a crowd at every Sonny's in Florida. This same genius issued UTC books! Can you believe it? We couldn't either.

A few months go by and the genius director was flushed along with his dream of reinventing ABT to a uniformed patrol agency or the laughing stock of state law enforcement - we were never quite sure since the dream was not openly shared.
    The cars were eventually stripped and the very expensive uniforms and gear were given to less fortunate agencies.
    Despite all that craziness it still wasn't the worse thing to happen here.
    It would be nice if this agency EVER learned from the mistakes in the past. No one stays long enough to teach the newbie administrators sent here to save us. Someone needs to help them understand basic stuff.

Unregistered
    It would be nice if this agency EVER learned from the mistakes in the past. No one stays long enough to teach the newbie administrators sent here to save us. Someone needs to help them understand basic stuff.
    Good point. One of these days we will have leadership that actually tries to LEAD us and not try to save us from ourselves. Every TB comes in here with delusions of grandeur and tries to reinvent us. You can't just take a 30 yr guy from a municipal agency like Titusville and drop him into a state regulatory agency (yes boys and girls that is what we are). Couple that with a A/C from DEA, two Majors with no prior LE experience, and most of our Captains not coming up through the ranks and it is a recipe for disaster. I can't remember a time when our agency was such a mess. We are all over the map. Rudderless. I don't wish anyone ill will or getting the boot but we really need a reset at the top. I honestly think it would be in the best interest of both our agency and TB.

Unregistered
    Making captains select exempt was the worse thing ever. Some captains used to speak up for us now it’s all crickets.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast