FLSA Law Suit - Page 3
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FLSA Law Suit

Unregistered

Blame the democrats

Funny it's all the teabaggs that are after our retirement, the democrats are the only ones trying to protect it! And in case you were wondering yes I'm a voting / registered Republican! There are currently 9, yes nine Republican backed FRS bills attempting to change our retirement. Get ready to pay more next year!

Unregistered

Where?

Where can you find the proposed House Bills? If any employee of this agency has to pay more no one will want to stay!!!!! To many good ones trying to leave now. 3 at one roll call yesterday applying further North of us.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hendry County? Must not be. That group of administrative misfits is far from being anything.

He is a democrat that word is constituents are voting out come next election. Conservatives are replacing Dumbocrats. Of course he will tell people he was a Publican before becoming out as a Demo, but when you write the story as you speak, you forget what you eventually say.

Find another place. Not Hendry.
    Hillsborough

Unregistered
    Heard today that the Sheriff is talking a settlement and that those signed on are looking at 40,000 a piece.

Unregistered

Baltimoe

The 6 brothers in Baltimore will have the best attorneys and the truth will come out. They will be found not guilty. They have prepaid legal thru the police union. The legal bills will be in the millions for all 6. They will sue and win millions the police union will protect there rights. Why as a cop you need legal protection.

Unregistered

Absolutely correct

Guys and girls. The last post is so true. One way or another you need to get legal protection. I know that most would come together to give what they could but even if that were 100 bucks a person you would only have 150k. You know two things. You are not going to raise 150k and it will be much more expensive than that to defend yourselves. Baltimore case will cost about a million a defendant.

Pretty much everything I have seen or heard about this case says that they should never have been charged. Here we are. Cops taking the fall to support a political career. Sound familiar? If you think this can't or won't happen to you, you are absolutely kidding yourself. It will, to you or someone close to you.

All those cops that are or were close to the commander that is in a lot of trouble right now...you had better do something. That guy is not going down without taking a few people with him. Just remember how he made it through his career tearing apart other peoples careers. He's not done by a longshot. Can you afford the lawyer? The point I am making is that is does not have to be about anything you goofed up on. Just look at Baltimore.

Take a wrong turn, hear something the wrong way, drive over a pothole and have a guy hit his head, all sound like things that we would have brushed off as ridiculous two weeks ago if we were talking about getting in trouble. Now six cops are charged and most are saying that here is no basis for the charges.

You had better get something done. Prepaid legal, join the union, whatever. Watch out on the prepaid. They have payout limits. Union has no limit. You guys over in corrections...get it too.

For the record I am pro union. I hope you join. I respect whatever your personal choice is. But seriously get some protection before the crap starts flying around here. You all know there are a lot of scandals brewing. Lots of people wanting this crap to end and reporting it. The media is digging into everything, which they should be doing. Something is gonna stick sometime. Don't get blindsided and not know where to turn...prepaid or union...or a rich aunt...and we are all working here so the rich aunt is a longshot.

Unregistered

It's about time.

It's about time these brave men and women rightfully get paid for all hours worked. If memory serves me right the SO has already been made to pay out twice already for FLSA violations while under investigation by the U.S. Dept. Of Labor case numbers 93052, 262972, and most recently 378837. What is considered compensable time has long ago been decided by the U.S. Supreme Court in Alverez v. IBP (2005)

http://winknews.com/2015/07/23/lcso-...-wage-lawsuit/

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_c...n&as_sdt=40003

Unregistered
    Let me guess what comes next. ES and another there goes your take home car post.

Unregistered
    We are 34 strong in the lawsuit.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast