FLSA Law Suit - Page 17
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: FLSA Law Suit

Unregistered

Wtf

It just blows that we have to make decisions like this. This just makes me want to get the hell out of this profession more than anything. I got into this business in the late 90s and in the past 4 years or so have completely lost my motivation. It is just a job to me anymore and I just show up for the paycheck. I really don't care about anything else anymore.

Unregistered
    Unregistered said:
    Today 08:11 AM
    Wtf
    It just blows that we have to make decisions like this. This just makes me want to get the hell out of this profession more than anything. I got into this business in the late 90s and in the past 4 years or so have completely lost my motivation. It is just a job to me anymore and I just show up for the paycheck. I really don't care about anything else anymore.

I'm with you on the just a job part but I'll be dammed if I'm not going to get paid for all hours I work for this place or am required to follow there policies. My forms in.

Unregistered
    Time to opt in to the FSLA law suit is quickly running out. Opt in forms must be received by Dec. 31,2015. A road deputy who has been on the road for the last 5 years can expect over 60,000 dollars. A Sgt or specialty unit member who works in uniform but is paid for drive and has done so for the past five years can expect around 30,000. All situations will differ. If you worked as a deputy in uniform for only 3 of the last 5 years then became a detective you would still be eligible for damages. Over 100 have already opted in. When checks are cut don't ***** because you were scared just learn by your mistakes!

What's to lose?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Time to opt in to the FSLA law suit is quickly running out. Opt in forms must be received by Dec. 31,2015. A road deputy who has been on the road for the last 5 years can expect over 60,000 dollars. A Sgt or specialty unit member who works in uniform but is paid for drive and has done so for the past five years can expect around 30,000. All situations will differ. If you worked as a deputy in uniform for only 3 of the last 5 years then became a detective you would still be eligible for damages. Over 100 have already opted in. When checks are cut don't ***** because you were scared just learn by your mistakes!
    rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiigggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht ttttttttttttttttttttttttttt???!!! Is this lawyers math? If so is this before or after their 30-40% cut. So by this math lets break it down. 5 year deputy makes what 35-37k? Lets ding the middle, 36k, so we work 84 hours every pay period which makes it 2184 hours in 26 pay periods per year which equates to an hourly rate of $16.48 per hour. With me so far? So in 5 years a deputy works, no overtime, 10,920 hours. To make 60k extra in that time you will need to have worked ≈3,640 extra hours at $16.48 which is equal to 728 hours per year, 28 hours per pay period, 4 hours per day. SOOOOO they think they will win a lawsuit which states that this deputy works 4 hours extra per day he works putting on and taking off his uniform and drive time????? What am I missing?? Is it that the extra hours are overtime? So then its 2.95 hours per day you work extra to make 60k and then you have to win..... What if you don't? bye bye job.... Still crazy...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by What's to lose? View Post
    rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiigggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht ttttttttttttttttttttttttttt???!!! Is this lawyers math? If so is this before or after their 30-40% cut. So by this math lets break it down. 5 year deputy makes what 35-37k? Lets ding the middle, 36k, so we work 84 hours every pay period which makes it 2184 hours in 26 pay periods per year which equates to an hourly rate of $16.48 per hour. With me so far? So in 5 years a deputy works, no overtime, 10,920 hours. To make 60k extra in that time you will need to have worked ≈3,640 extra hours at $16.48 which is equal to 728 hours per year, 28 hours per pay period, 4 hours per day. SOOOOO they think they will win a lawsuit which states that this deputy works 4 hours extra per day he works putting on and taking off his uniform and drive time????? What am I missing?? Is it that the extra hours are overtime? So then its 2.95 hours per day you work extra to make 60k and then you have to win..... What if you don't? bye bye job.... Still crazy...

And to add I would not be surprised if the lawyers tried and settle for significantly less just so they can get a payday. They aint doing this outta the kindness of their hearts. They are in it for the money. AND they don't give a shit about the stupid cops and what should or should not be owed to em. 60k is a pipe dream that is being sold to ya. I hope you get it. I don't think it would be enough to satisfy most in this case. I still will not regret joining in. I only feed the lawyers with my arrests and not with gambling my life or career on their "Good Intentions"..

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617