FLSA Law Suit
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FLSA Law Suit

Unregistered

FLSA Law Suit

A collective action has been brought against the Lee County Sheriff's Office in the US District Court, Middle District of Florida for violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act. This action covers employees past or present working under the LE Bureau in a uniformed capacity within the past five years. Two meetings are being held on Nov. 24th & 26th, 2014 at 7pm at the Holiday Inn Express located at 3427 Forum Blvd., Ft. Myers, Fl. The representing law firm will be on hand to answer questions as well as to address any concerns. Please pass this information on to any covered former employees you may still be in contact with.

Unregistered

Exclamation

BLAH BLAH BLAH, union has been quiet and needs positive p.r as there is a movement to vote them out, just like anything else they have tried nothing will come of this.

Unregistered
    Spoken like a true LCSO administrator half truths, smoke and mirrors, fear and intimidation. Sorry that era is quickly coming to an end. Unfortunatly for you after waiting your whole career to have your shot at one of the head tyrant positions were in an era where employees have rights. I'm glad that a group finally had the courage to stand up and fight for all the others who aren't yet so brave. OK English Teacher have at it. I didn't have time to proof read it I'm to busy working details to try to feed my family with what I'm paid here!

Unregistered

larger departments

Believe it or not larger departments have had deputies going in service from their house for 10 plus years. Orange County Sheriff's Office,Miami Dade, Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office, and several other departments have been getting paid from their driveway to wherever they are reporting for duty. Because you are required to sign on your MDC from your residence meaning you have started work from your home.

Unregistered
    So do the state agencies as they are in compliance with the FLSA and Portal to Portal Act. A very similar case just settled out of court in South Miami where a Sgt. and others were paid for years of back pay for their donning and doffing time. Most of these cases never go to trial because the agency is petrified of the results and cost should they loose.

Unregistered
    AGAIN, what do you think our hallways response will be if you want to get paid from your driveway? NO MORE TAKE HOME CARS with lockers at the districts to get changed.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    AGAIN, what do you think our hallways response will be if you want to get paid from your driveway? NO MORE TAKE HOME CARS with lockers at the districts to get changed.
    Ok. I'll assume that you are right. Tell me why.

Unregistered
    An FLSA law suit has been briought to allow eligible current and former LCSO employees the opportunity to recover back wages in accordance with the FLSA.

Former LCSO members working in a uniformed Law Enforcement capacity within the past five years wishing to opt-in to this suit are asked to contact Yormak Employment & Disability Law.

Yormak Employment & Disability Law
    (239)985-9691
    Yormaklaw.com

Unregistered
    An FLSA law suit has been briought to allow eligible current and former LCSO employees the opportunity to recover back wages in accordance with the FLSA.

Former LCSO members working in a uniformed Law Enforcement capacity within the past five years wishing to opt-in to this suit are asked to contact Yormak Employment & Disability Law.

(239)985-9691
    Yormaklaw.com
    Go away troll

Unregistered

(239)985-9691
    Yormaklaw.com

Go away troll

Wow, that's the best you got? I can see why you've gone places around here.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast