Ideas for Homeless & City
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Been There Done That

Ideas for Homeless & City

Attention Ft Lauderdale residents: since the media enjoys their frenzy circus of the homeless plight I have some ideas for you TAXPAYERS to do for all the homeless and the weenies who don't live in the city but want to dump the problem in your yard (oh dump, oops sorry).
    Idea 1: Every 20 blocks or so along the beautiful beach, build a park for the homeless. call it Bum Beach 1,2,3 etc.
    Put some tables and chairs and of course some port o potties so they can do their business inside a real bathroom and nit in your bushes on in the sand in view of the kids and tourists.

Idea2: just like with tent city, get local businesses to participate in a hire the homeless program. Offer a rent free condo on the beach at Points of America, free shuttle service (oh they get a free car after 1 month on the job) and don't forget the free counseling, medical, drugs etc...

Idea3: on the days that glory hound abbott isn't feedin the homeless, give them a free food shuttle to his neighborhood and feed them and let the homeless do the rest. Oh yeah what a sight that will be. If the homeless they feed wanted help, they should be at the shelters in the city, SOBER and willing to work, clean up and get a job...ohhh strike 3 on that idea.

Good Luck FLPD, already the commission is falling apart from the media circus, leaving you high and dry.

Unregistered

What?

Did you say Porta potty's on the beach for them?

Well Mr Genius, I hate to inform you about your lovely beach and the city which has streets paved of gold, but have you ever noticed on thing about this lovely beach???? It has no public bathrooms ANYWHERE along the beach!!! And why is that? Do they want people to dump a floater in the water next to a tourist from Europe perhaps? Why is it that a well known beach at Fort Lauderdale has NO restrooms for the public to use at all. What is the beach like 3-4 miles long??? that's a lot of floaters in the water!

Maybe you could use your talents looking for tourist using the potty in the water and issue them a NTA?

Unregistered

I'm a Genius? Gee thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Did you say Porta potty's on the beach for them?

Well Mr Genius, I hate to inform you about your lovely beach and the city which has streets paved of gold, but have you ever noticed on thing about this lovely beach???? It has no public bathrooms ANYWHERE along the beach!!! And why is that? Do they want people to dump a floater in the water next to a tourist from Europe perhaps? Why is it that a well known beach at Fort Lauderdale has NO restrooms for the public to use at all. What is the beach like 3-4 miles long??? that's a lot of floaters in the water!

Maybe you could use your talents looking for tourist using the potty in the water and issue them a NTA?
    Thanks for the compliment. But you missed the sarcasm, of course there are no public restrooms anymore on the beach and if you've been a regular at the beach for years you'd know why. Lets start with the homeless bathing and washing their poop stained clothes in the sinks, then their feet etc. Then the vandalisms and the perverts in the stalls.all adding up to more headaches than what it was worth back in the heyday on the beach (70-90's).

But for you we can't have that, but for the poor unfortunate we should right? And floaters, LOL that's a good one, reminds me of caddyshack and my favorite BABY RUTH bars!!! Why I even remember some chick busted by the cops for doing her business on the beach and a crowd wanting to lynch her because she just had to go.

But listen, as a genius, I need help in solving this problem so u can help. See the media and the city govt are doing daily rants and raves so its up to us ordinary sarcastic geniuses to figure this out...what else can we do, we can build more parks for them, give them a specific name (bum beach) and so what's left. we covered counseling, job services, food, meds, a free beach condo and shuttle transportation. Oy yeah sponsors for clothes..hey maybe A&F or FUBU will give them clothes so is that all....come on help me out cuz, as a genius I dont have all the answers...

Unregistered

WOW, I see!

So the reason we don't have ANY public restrooms along any part of the Fort Lauderdale Beach is because of the homeless? Wow, I guess they should leave the beach and should walk into one of the restaurants and do their business there? Amazing, what is a lifeguard all of a sudden needed to go #2 ? So they should run across A1A into an business? Hell no I say go right in the water since this is Fort Lauderdale's policy? What if a tourist is on vacation with the 5 year old child who has to go #2, I say go right in the water! Hell we don't want to cater to the homeless right?

Unregistered

Cool

Hello? Can u spell PR? This has all been designed for a big BSO bailout. Remember our baby-boy S.I.? Well he's got such a handle on the homeless (believe he's up for the noble peace prize) that he wants to 'show us the light'. BSO LOVES the homeless and the underprivileged and the rest (but eats their own). S.I. will save the day and take us under his wing. (hang-on, wiping away tears...)

Unregistered

Can U read?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So the reason we don't have ANY public restrooms along any part of the Fort Lauderdale Beach is because of the homeless? Wow, I guess they should leave the beach and should walk into one of the restaurants and do their business there? Amazing, what is a lifeguard all of a sudden needed to go #2 ? So they should run across A1A into an business? Hell no I say go right in the water since this is Fort Lauderdale's policy? What if a tourist is on vacation with the 5 year old child who has to go #2, I say go right in the water! Hell we don't want to cater to the homeless right?
    Can u read and understand? Did I not say BESIDES the homeless, the vandals and pervs were 3 TOP reasons why the public restrooms back in the day were removed. You have no idea the costs and problems the bathrooms caused, NOT BY THE GOOD PEOPLE who came to the beach, BUT THE BAD ONES. Why else would the city remove the bathrooms? Got an answer to that oh smart one? Nahhh didn't think so.
    If you're old enough, remember the nice bathroom at ELO & A1A across from the Elbo Room? Now go ask some of the old leaders (Naugle, Roberts, Dressler and others) why was THAT BATHROOM removed? Bet you part of their answer is the 3 reasons above. The city probably knew some visitors were inconvenienced but could hold it to go to a RR in the hotel or food joint. Maybe that was better than seeing or being a victim in the public bathroom by the trash that did all kinds of things in there day and night.
    Since you advocate dumpin in the ocean, are you the chick arrested on the beach years ago???

Unregistered

Ok, Mr. Wizard

I see your point Mr. Wizard. Again you have such heinous crime committed in the restrooms WOW! Why not have a few PUBLIC restrooms near a life guard station and when the life guard leaves his post they could lock it up? NOPE lets not have public restrooms for the PUBLIC because of the homeless! I love it! Great crime prevention... Enough of this , lets get back to those gangsters feeding homeless and lock em up!

Unregistered
    Should go back to old day tactics. We had wineoffs...who ever arrested the most vagrants in one night won dinner from the other competing teams. Be surprised how many you can fit in the back of a car in one haul.

Unregistered

Be Proud!

You folks in Fort Lauderdale are the best! Ask Rothstein? Go back to work and lock them homeless up.

Unregistered

Be proud

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast