Lawsuit: North Port man, wife claim police violated rights - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Member LEO Affairs Detective
    From the racks and the stacks, it's the best on wax -- The hits just keep on coming!!!

North Port fires 5 supervisors for lying
    By Michael Braga & Lee Williams
    Published: Friday, November 7, 2014 at 1:38 p.m.

NORTH PORT - The city of North Port fired five low-level supervisors for lying during an investigation into a cheating scandal that has become the latest in a list of embarrassments for the city and its officials.

The scandal first broke in early September, after a dozen North Port Public Works employees told the Herald-Tribune that they had been given answers and “cheat sheets” to exams required by the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

FEMA calls for public employees to take a series of online training courses, which are followed by multiple-choice tests, in order for the city to be eligible for federal money after a natural disaster.

Tracy A. Costello, Leonard Lorenz, Brian MacGranor, Scott Martinez and Ronald Talbot — all field supervisors in the city’s 60-person operations department — were fired Friday.

The investigation, which was conducted by Steve Uebelacker, a civilian inspector employed by the city’s police department, found that no one else in authority knew anything about the cheating, including operations manager Bill Vest.

One whistleblower has alleged that Vest personally approved the idea to hand out answers to employees before they took the tests.

full story at
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...ors-for-lying-

This isn't #3, more like 2.5 --- #3 is still to come.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice as nice View Post
    Yep, you sound just like a man with a paper ass backed up to a blow torch. The PD does not need any helping being taken down. It is doing a damn good job all on its own.

There is a PD connection to city commissioner Larry Sansone as well. When Larry was comm. he was the go comm by the PD when ever it wanted anything. He was and still is real buddy, buddy with fellow New Yorker and former PD head Ret. Capt William Colligan. Yep old Larry let the North Port PD PBA union (which Colligan was the head of at that time) hold its monthly (alcohol consuming) meetings at his restaurant after hours at the Winn Dixie Plaza. These same two individuals also ran a nice little NFL gambling business out of the bar at the Old World Restaurant as well.

Holy smokes are you silly. The people you have named are not here and have not been here for years. They have nothing to do with what is going on now. Stop coming on under different names and talking to yourself, JP. All the haters can keep digging and publishing their one sided stories in the HT, but in the end, NPPD officers will still come to work and do their jobs. And if that means a bad guy gets tased, punched, or even dog bitten due to THEIR actions, then so be it. The thing is, law enforcement has a nasty side, which is caused by criminals, drug abusers, and so on.... Society needs to stop complaining and let us do our jobs. If you can make the way we do things better, then please by all means, go to the academy, pass a background check and join the LE community. The problem with that lies in the fact that a lot of the haters can not pass because they are shady as f*ck, and have arrests records. In the end, JP, most of the NP community supports what the officers there do and will continue to. Because unlike you, they are contributing members of society and have the mental capability to understand that the final outcome of a call that results in force, is the choice of the bad guy, not the officer. The way I look at all of the posts you put up (at least 2 of the 3 so far) is that the NPPD is doing their job and doing it well. These are people that have no accountability and are looking for a easy pay day. I say good luck. When it's all said and done, Bush and Tomy will still be out there catching bad guys and girls, JP... you can't change that. Maybe you should go on a ride-a-long with them.. I am sure Tomy wouldn't mind you sitting in the back with him.

The facts in the bad bite case will speak for themselves, quite strongly at that, and history will play out after. I have no need to return ad hominem fire anonymously or even make accusations.

Common sense should tell you that whoever is posting that you think is me has a hell of a lot more insider's knowledge of North Port history and politics than I could possibly have. My Hx is Venice and Sarasota County governments. This, as you know, is my first foray into North Port's pool of cess and I'm learning as I go. I'm flattered that you think I am that clever and knowledgeable, but, sadly, I am not.

Christ on a cracker, the crap I'm learning -- we should just nuke you from space. You folks make Venice look good, and I didn't think that was possible.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by JP -- venfl.com; 11-08-2014 at 11:06 PM.

Unregistered
    JP, for a guy who can't stop running his sucker, you just said a whole lot of nothing.... Why are you so angry with law enforcement? You were P & P... Did something happen there? Why don't you work for them anymore? You should be someone who is on the side of LE, not bashing the men and women who risk their lives for pos's like you. Unless you couldn't cut it in LE like your friend from the HT... Hmmm

Steve Z
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Holy smokes are you silly. The people you have named are not here and have not been here for years. They have nothing to do with what is going on now.
    Noticed you never denied any of the actual statements made. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! What you are really saying is "don't cloud the issue with facts."

Just for the record I was showing how the past history of the department resulted in its current state of crap and it's continued slide down the crapper.

Your statement of the bad guys getting what they deserve is the mentality that is causing damn near all the problems the department is seeing today. It is your god damn street just attitude that is the problem. That is why people who are not even guilty of committing any crime are being illegally arrested and assaulted by members of our department..
    It is not the roll of LEO's to be the administrators of justice or punishment. You are the one who needs to attend the Sarasota basic class for Law Enforcement to get that drilled into your head.
    It is goons like you who blame the SAO for not filing charges on your shit arrest charges.
    Pal you are in one hell of a state of denial and don't even know it.

Unregistered
    Steve Z - Just when I thought JP was the angriest person on this thread, watch out... You have obviously been arrested or fired from our agency (or both) and are angry. I get it. This is the way you can feel better about yourself, by coming on here and yelling at us through you're keyboard. Whatever happened with those people from back in the day, I don't know. It may all be true. None of them are here now and we can't blame actions of those here ten years ago for anything today. Good try though. NPPD strong motha funkers

You keep saying that over and over as though repetition will make it true. I'm not angry in the least. I'm quite a happy fellow. You're just terrified and you are projecting imagined emotions onto me as a result.

BTW -- your you're yore -- you had a one out of three shot there, Sparky, and you blew it. This is why your department should require at least a G.E.D. before handing out a badge.
    Last edited by JP -- venfl.com; 11-09-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Unregistered
    JP - Do you think you will actually accomplish something from running your mouth? Do you truly believe you will have any impact when it is all said and done? The answer is no. You will just find something else to ***** about.

Unregistered
    Steve Z - Just when I thought JP was the angriest person on this thread, watch out... You have obviously been arrested or fired from our agency (or both) and are angry. I get it.
    Sorry but you do not get it. I pointed out the unlawful arrest and physical retrobution exerted by members of our department. You have yet to address those issues. Anger has nothing to do with it, performing your local, state, and federal duties as an LEO are the points I have raised over, and over again.

Your idea of personal retrobution are throw back to a time of justice at a point of a gun.

The more I read of your writings, the more I have drawn to the consculsation that you are either a wannabe NPPD officer, family member of such, or more then likely an Explorere who has been fed bullshit and does not knwo any better.

Finally, my personel file at the NPPD will show a completely clean bill of heath.
    Can you or anyone else here at the PD say the same?

Regardless of how you respond, I will refuse to any longer respond to such, draconian ideals of law enforcement.

Unregistered
    Holy smokes are you silly. The people you have named are not here and have not been here for years. They have nothing to do with what is going on now. Stop coming on under different names and talking to yourself, JP. All the haters can keep digging and publishing their one sided stories in the HT, but in the end, NPPD officers will still come to work and do their jobs.
    There is the problem my friend. Many are not doing the job they are supposed to do by law, rather they are doing what theY "think" should be done."

And if that means a bad guy gets tased, punched, or even dog bitten due to THEIR actions, then so be it.
    There you go John Wayne, it is not up to to us to decide who is a bad guy and who is not. That falls to the SAO and the courts. Please get that through your thick skull.

The thing is, law enforcement has a nasty side, which is caused by criminals, drug abusers, and so on.... Society needs to stop complaining and let us do our jobs. If you can make the way we do things better, then please by all means, go to the academy, pass a background check and join the LE community. The problem with that lies in the fact that a lot of the haters can not pass because they are shady as f*ck, and have arrests records. In the end, JP, most of the NP community supports what the officers there do and will continue to.
    You just contradicted your bullshit ass big time loser. In your first sentence you state that society needs to stop complaining about our actions. Then you turn around in your last sentence you say that it supports what the PD does. So which one is it you want to go with asshole? You are saying anything you can think of to justify the crap that keeps coming out of our department.

For you information Mr Peabody I have certificates of completion from three different law enforcement academy's. How about you?

Because unlike you, they are contributing members of society and have the mental capability to understand that the final outcome of a call that results in force, is the choice of the bad guy, not the officer. The way I look at all of the posts you put up (at least 2 of the 3 so far) is that the NPPD is doing their job and doing it well. These are people that have no accountability and are looking for a easy pay day. I say good luck. When it's all said and done, Bush and Tomy will still be out there catching bad guys and girls, JP... you can't change that. Maybe you should go on a ride-a-long with them.. I am sure Tomy wouldn't mind you sitting in the back with him.
    Here it is in a nutshell my friend. Just because someone has a badge on their chest does not mean that they have the right to trump the constitutional rights of another individual. It maybe hard for you to understand that but that is "THE LAW OF THE LAND."

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast