School bus stops

Unregistered

School bus stops

Seems more and more stories of child abductions and or attempted abductions at school bus stops . While I know its not possible to put marked or even unmarked cars cars at every stop in fort lauderdale, I often see police cars parked in some obscure parking lots doing what I assume is "end of shift" paperwork. My questions are what are the working time shifts at Fort Lauderdale PD? If they coincide with bus pick ups, is it even feasible or practical to allow officers to make their presense visable at these stops? Thanks in advance.

Unregistered
    Would be more practical to have a parent keeping an eye on a bus stop. When I was growing up in our neighborhood our parents would rotate watches. Bus pick ups are normally the same time so the kids are not left at the bud stop to long and parents don't need to be watching very long as well.

Unregistered
    I understand the point of the first post but, the second post is more on point. The cops know where schools are but how are they supposed to know where every single school bus stop is? The parents whose kids are sent to those bus stops should be aware of where they are and keep track of their kids. The parents of the kid who was electrocuted while jumping the fence of the FPL plant to retrieve balls are now trying to move the park. As much as this was a horrible incident, maybe the parents should have figured out that the park was next to an FPL plant and kept their kid from going there if they thought it was an issue of their child trespassing. Maybe should be more aware of what their kids are doing and where they are since they are the parents.