Moderator Gone Wild

Unregistered

Moderator Gone Wild

Quote Originally Posted by Mod 610 View Post
    ... There will be no talk of any open IA's, period on this board. We do not want to get drug into the investigation, and by posting that,we can be...

Also, if you were under an IA, would you want people talking about you and it without knowing what they are talking about, just spreading rumours, or worse yet, giving the investigator more info on you? I know I wouldn't....
    To use your challenge from earlier posts...prove it. Prove that by allowing a conversation that you can be "drug" into an administrative internal investigation. Show me one case where you were compelled to participate, as a private business, in an internal law enforcement investigation merely because a posting was made on this website. Calling bullshit on that one Bob. That is just simply fiction.

To your second point regarding discussion of the matters being investigated administratively and internally, that is going to happen regardless of your ill formed opinion on the matter. What someone communicates on this website or, any other venue, does not influence the obligation of the investigator to consider only the facts. The facts speak for themselves and external banter does not influence the outcome. This site is entertainment and nothing more. Consider the recent SCOTUS ruling stating exactly that. So once again, bullshit.

OK I will address it. As an investigator, I can recall any witnesses I want, or employee till I complete any investigation. That goes for administrative and criminal investigations. Reporters go back to witnesses several times during their story for follow up should they find something that conflicts with other information or they receive new information. If something comes out on the board that was not released in prior interviews, as a good investigator, he/she should follow up on that information. And don't think for a moment IA does not read this board. They do.

As for a private business being drug into an IA, they do not have to comply with it and tell the IA Investigator to go away. As for a member of the agency, they do not have the right.

As for the comment "You could be drug in" what I meant by that was anyone in the investigation could be re-interviewed or they could go on a fishing expedition and interview you entire squad and anyone that was contacted by that officer or squad for that day. I have seen it happen in the past at my agency from people just talking in the hallway. How do you think leads come from for criminal investigations, people talking to people.

Does it effect the outcome, who knows, depends on what they find. Just don't need to put your squad mates through the hassle/stress of the issue. So a clear policy was created to address this issue for you and anyone else. I copied the section and pasted it here to help. Please feel free to read this topic http://www.leoaffairs.com/vb_forums/...IA-Discussions

I hope I cleared up this issue for you.

Oh, 1 last thing, I am not flashing you..........I am not that kind of MOD.......lol
    Last edited by Mod 610; 10-28-2014 at 05:09 PM.