Morale and Opportunities

Guest108

Morale and Opportunities

Ladies and gents,

I was wondering if any FLPD Officers on here could shed some light on the morale at the department. I understand a contract was drawn up last year and several things have changed. Has this affected the morale and turnover? I am a LEO at another South FL agency and was considering making the switch, as FLPD was always my first choice for the many opportunities and former benefits/retirement. Also, I live out of county and was wondering when you are given the take home vehicle; I have heard two different answers, after FTO and after probation? Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Stay safe.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest108 View Post
    Ladies and gents,

I was wondering if any FLPD Officers on here could shed some light on the morale at the department. I understand a contract was drawn up last year and several things have changed. Has this affected the morale and turnover? I am a LEO at another South FL agency and was considering making the switch, as FLPD was always my first choice for the many opportunities and former benefits/retirement. Also, I live out of county and was wondering when you are given the take home vehicle; I have heard two different answers, after FTO and after probation? Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Stay safe.
    Call our Recruiting Unit. They will answer all your questions. Don't tell them you asked here first. They will think less of you.

Old fart from

What u got to lose

So FLPD was where u wanted to work? OK, if you have anytime where you work now, before you jump ship, consider the benefits that FLPD has. Not so much work schedule, areas to work, etc but medical and pension. Think about what you have and compare.

When you ask about the morale, sounds like you may not have much time on. Like any PD, there will be people to tell you it's good, bad or make it what you want as long as you offer them your soul. Hopefully you'll make the decision thats best for you, your family and then the job.

Good Luck whichever way you go. FLPD still is a good agency, work hard and accept things that sometimes don't work the way YOU think they should. If you can't accept that, rather than being a whiner, get promoted and try to change it.

guest108
    Quote Originally Posted by Old fart from View Post
    So FLPD was where u wanted to work? OK, if you have anytime where you work now, before you jump ship, consider the benefits that FLPD has. Not so much work schedule, areas to work, etc but medical and pension. Think about what you have and compare.

When you ask about the morale, sounds like you may not have much time on. Like any PD, there will be people to tell you it's good, bad or make it what you want as long as you offer them your soul. Hopefully you'll make the decision thats best for you, your family and then the job.

Good Luck whichever way you go. FLPD still is a good agency, work hard and accept things that sometimes don't work the way YOU think they should. If you can't accept that, rather than being a whiner, get promoted and try to change it.
    My current agency has very good benefits and pension. However, the opportunities (units, promotions, areas) within the agency are limited, which is what always appealed to me (even now) about FLPD, the many opportunities.

Thank you for your response