Too Many Do Nothing Majors

Unregistered

Too Many Do Nothing Majors

The S.O is top heavy with too many do nothing Majors. Does the jail really need to pay a Major 6 figures to over see Inmate dirty underwear?

Unregistered
    There have been days in a certain district where there were more supervisors than deputies on the street.

Unregistered
    TPD is hiring, go

Unregistered
    TPD is hiring pal

Unregistered
    That has been the standard answer since the early 1980's !! Glad I got after 30 years. Best of luck, watch your six, and keep the suck asses close, they'll be the one's that really get you !!

Unregistered
    I don't know if that was meant to be an insult or legitimate advice. Every agency everywhere will always have problems to one extent or another, but TPD is hiring 100 positions over the next year according to the newspaper and probably isn't a terrible place to work for. It certainly can't be any worse than things are here lately.

And yes, we have way too many majors making way too much money. Do we really need all of these ranks?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't know if that was meant to be an insult or legitimate advice. Every agency everywhere will always have problems to one extent or another, but TPD is hiring 100 positions over the next year according to the newspaper and probably isn't a terrible place to work for. It certainly can't be any worse than things are here lately.

And yes, we have way too many majors making way too much money. Do we really need all of these ranks?
    The chosen few have to be promoted on a regular basis with the HCSO. Gee is running out of ranks for them so they are bunching up as Majors. He needs to invent another rank for some of them. Maybe there can be Generals or Admirals next.

Unregistered
    Ok there may be some do nothing majors blah blah blah. What about the do nothing deputies, that make 75,000 plus really. Take a look at the Ag Deps talk about do nothing, but hey they got nice looking belt buckles and starched jeans

Unregistered
    The trick to getting out of work is to get out of patrol. You are under the comm centers finger in patrol and everything you do is known. Once you transfer to another division things get much simpler. Of course you still have to do your job but at your own pace and no one looking over your shoulder in most cases.

Unregistered
    I agree with the last post. I have been there and back. The patrol job is much easier than it was years ago. However, it is much busier than it was years again. Of course, that is a man power issues. We have no say so in that. Would I go back once I have served my punishment? Today, I would. I have a wife and children in the home, and they want a Monday through Friday schedule. However, if I was single, patrol is a great job. You have tons of time off and your own time. You are busy at work, but the days go by fast. But, on patrol these days, the glass is on you so much more than ever. If you are running call to call and make a mistake, it is more than a slap on the hand. In the days before, you were coached by your street supervisor. Now, you are standing in front of the man. We have all seen it, and I am thinking what the Hell are we going today?