Raises

Thread: Raises

Unregistered

Raises

Our Sheriff was nice and gave us over $9000 a year raise. I heard the neighboring county to us also got a decent raise. I'm not sure why your sheriff is so vindictive to you all but you may need to seek better Union Representation. Almost every Sheriff known has always taken care of his deputies despite his upper brass. I'd use the media, tv and billboards what ever it takes. Our budget is just over 100 mil and he still understands the object of all is to retire an enjoy life comfortably. Wish you all the best.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Our Sheriff was nice and gave us over $9000 a year raise. I heard the neighboring county to us also got a decent raise. I'm not sure why your sheriff is so vindictive to you all but you may need to seek better Union Representation. Almost every Sheriff known has always taken care of his deputies despite his upper brass. I'd use the media, tv and billboards what ever it takes. Our budget is just over 100 mil and he still understands the object of all is to retire an enjoy life comfortably. Wish you all the best.
    Go away troll

Unregistered

Raises

The only troll is you.

Unregistered

Raises

Raises
    Look at all the agencies between Collier to Tampa and you will notice they all got at least a 6 % raise on average with A lot of them getting 9 + . The sheriff is pissed over the union and unlike others who take care of their own but realize how important the road is and still give them a cost of living plus merit raise and treat all equal. He holds a grudge and could care less about you or you family. He has the power to get a 10k across the board raise to get us up to par with the other agencies, Sarasota did. It's sad when you see good help leave our agency after 6 to 10 years and start out at neighboring agencies 10k plus higher that's right start out. In most agencies you cap out in your pay grade in 10 years at about 70k, then you get cost of living raises after that for the next 15 years if you don't make rank. Do the math 3 % on 70k for 15 years and you will retire at 95 to 100k it's not a whole lot for what cops sacrafice but it's a descent living at the end. He just doesn't care about you, your family or retirement income.

Unregistered

Raises

Sorry about the spelling errors I missed it.