Current Situation?

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Current Situation?

I was told last year by a SO Deputy that Seminole PD had a decent rep and was a decent place to work. I have been deployed since then and I am coming home finally. Now, I would really like to understand what the current situation is at SPD. Could someone, preferably military or former military, and definitely not management give me the current status there?

It sounds pretty horrible and that worries me a bit. Thanks and I'm looking forward to hearing an honest response.

former employee

no benefits

I worked at seminole a few years back. If your not already retired. i suggest you go to a dept with benefits like i did. but i guess if its all you can get well then take it. but keep in mind the benefits are horrible

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest13 View Post
    I was told last year by a SO Deputy that Seminole PD had a decent rep and was a decent place to work. I have been deployed since then and I am coming home finally. Now, I would really like to understand what the current situation is at SPD. Could someone, preferably military or former military, and definitely not management give me the current status there?

It sounds pretty horrible and that worries me a bit. Thanks and I'm looking forward to hearing an honest response.
    we'll if you don't mind screwing ppl over and having admin give you unclear expectations, this is the place for u

Unregistered
    I would never suggest anyone come here. They get rid of you for any reason, no job security at all, no pension, it is just terrible. They hide and keep things away from the public and never let anyone from the outside know what they are doing!

terrible place and not good for anyone except retired guys/ gals who don't need it and supplement their income.

Tiger.. well he was a cops cop from the old days and got screwed..

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    The problems at Seminole are with the administration. On the surface, the administration pretends to be virtuous, even if they are not. Accomplishments (great resume) doesn't erase shame, hatred, silence, ignorance, discrimination, or immorality. It covers it up with a creative version of pride and ego. Seminole leaders rule ignorance; they manipulate it like a glass of water; they can do whatever you want when people believe, so goes politics at Seminole. Don’t flatter yourself into believing that seeing a few problems is OK; once noticed, these types of problems may eat you from the inside. Eventually Officers reach a breaking point, tired of being manipulated through changing policies and the terrible attempts to hide bad decisions. The culture is bad, but to answer your question; if you can live and thrive in this environment, then it will be good for you and you will fit in nicely. If you have any ethical standards, you will not stay and be forced out by the culture.