don't miss this

Thread: don't miss this

Unregistered

don't miss this

Dinner is ready. Don't miss this.

http://www.newssun.com/news/article_...d50fc3bad.html

Unregistered
    Seriously? These posts about the Lt. are getting old. They also have nothing to do with his current employment status. He is a good guy and has been through a lot. You are probably an infiltrator from Highlands. Go stir up garbage on their forum (God knows they have enough to begin with).

Unregistered
    anything new up there? no shows.

Unregistered
    You wanna know the latest in H'Lands County? The current Sheriff officially announced she will not seek a fourth term. Insurance rates are through the roof for the Deputies. The pay is low compared to most surrounding counties. They are struggling to fill positions and have had to place Deputies on mandatory on call status. Many Deputies complain about having a top heavy administration.

I don't hear much about the local PD's up here. They are low key and pretty much stay out of the drama. We only have Lake Placid PD and Sebring PD. Avon Park PD was severely downsized in 2012 and HCSO is the primary law enforcement agency for the city of Avon Park. APPD still operates but they only have a few people and concentrate on community policing, code enforcement, ect. I don't know how APPD was in their last year of full time status but things weren't right at that department for so many years. One fiasco after another, tension with residents, tension with city commissioners, ect. It was a shame though, they had some decent officers up there.

I read several of these boards. Damn near every board has multiple people that wanna ***** about their agency. I guess it is our cheap entertainment. Stay safe.