No surprise

Thread: No surprise

Unregistered

No surprise

Look in the years past on how many officers applied for the Street Crimes Unit compared to this go around it speaks volumes. No one wants to work for that sergeant whether it's in the back or on patrol.

Unregistered
    I'll tell you what is no surprise. The command staff changing the Sgt. exam scores so they can ultimately pick who they want and not who actually did the best through the process.You guys should've seen this coming when it was announced they weren't going to rank the Sgt. candidates who passed and completed the entire process. This department is still operating on the good ole boy network. Giving away "freebies" isn't a way to get respect and confidence from your officers especially after the old regimes were so unfair.

Unregistered
    Classic heat reversal.........but agree.

well i didntlie

we all know,

Look I know there will always be someone posting one thing or another. But the fact is the test was changed, due to errors in the test. I see why your upset, if i was on the list and a more qualified senior officer was placed on the list, well you see where im going. The truth is Chief Duncan is not like the Chief before and yes the captains are the same, but i dont think chief is blindly going to select a Sgt, just because he is Captains friend. The chief knows that it would not benefit the department to promote an officer that in never here. The problem is we dont have a Sgt now, why promote one that is always gone as an officer. So now you can stop complaining about the test and there is no; good ol buddy system. Chief knows, 275 and 273 are good friends. And 273 knows 275 is never here. Same with 295, and 312 they all are 273's friends. These are the officers put on the list late. Well all but 295 he wasnt put on the list, but he is always gone on military, and Sgt really lol, Now get over it and move on help the Department be great. With a new command staff.

Unregistered

You know who

If you feel the need to critique my performance or abilities in any aspect in policing, please be a man and tell me to my face. Your cowering behind this website is indicitive of your honor (or lack thereof), as well as your shallow self importance. Unfortunately, all of you who can't lead, mentor, adapt, or sacrifice will continue to run to these message boards to piss and moan about your fellow officers. Even though I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you could never fill my jock strap much less carry it, I will still make sure you get home to your loved ones if we are working together. We may have our own difference of opinion on a great many things be it work or home, but rest assured I will bring it right to you. You get what you see with me be it good, bad, or ugly. So before you go ahead and continue your rants any further, worry about your own trash and leave my name out of your mouth. If your gonna *****, whine, or vent than just do it without trying to make others look like lessers or punks. Please pull me to the side if you need any further explanation.

Unregistered
    I think the supervisor has little to do with the lack of applicants. The fact is, PCPD ran off the majority of proactive officers who would be interested in SCU. The few proactive officers still working here probably aren't interested in working jacked up hours when they can sit on patrol with no expectation of productivity, or even sobriety.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by well i didntlie View Post
    Look I know there will always be someone posting one thing or another. But the fact is the test was changed, due to errors in the test. I see why your upset, if i was on the list and a more qualified senior officer was placed on the list, well you see where im going. The truth is Chief Duncan is not like the Chief before and yes the captains are the same, but i dont think chief is blindly going to select a Sgt, just because he is Captains friend. The chief knows that it would not benefit the department to promote an officer that in never here. The problem is we dont have a Sgt now, why promote one that is always gone as an officer. So now you can stop complaining about the test and there is no; good ol buddy system. Chief knows, 275 and 273 are good friends. And 273 knows 275 is never here. Same with 295, and 312 they all are 273's friends. These are the officers put on the list late. Well all but 295 he wasnt put on the list, but he is always gone on military, and Sgt really lol, Now get over it and move on help the Department be great. With a new command staff.

I hate to tell you this but if you thinking your new Chief won't promote someone or recommend someone because of who they are you are wrong. He was infamous for doing things like that behind the scenes at his old agency. Don't kid yourself he is very political and your agency is just a rest stop in his bigger pursuits, in other words he thinks he won't be there long.