assignments

Thread: assignments

Unregistered

assignments

for the love of pete, chief, give up on these stupid assignments. no one wants to do it and morale is tanked now because of it. i didn't become a cop to do research, i became a cop to write tickets and arrest criminals. let us do our job! this crap is so dumb and unfair that i'm just not going to do it, deadline or not, i don't care. whats going to happen, my lazy sergeant will put a note in my eval? who cares.

Unregistered
    I am frustrated with the assignments too - but I'm not going to be rude about it. I'll do my assignment as well as I can because I have pride in myself and my job. I think that your post was rude and disrespectful. I don't care if you dislike your sergeant - that is your right, but putting it out there on a public forum anonymously is just cowardly. I pray you are not on my squad because people like you are the problem with morale. You are fake and pathetic and I bet you recognize what lazy looks like because that's who you are.

Unregistered
    Sometimes I wish this site didn't exist. Anyone can post here anonymously and it just causes problems. Sadly, as long as this exists there will always be a breakdown in communication. People will always have a place to complain about what makes them unhappy rather than going to the person who is making them unhappy. My wish for all members of GPD is that you stop posting here, stop reading the comments, and do what you can to fix whatever it is that you are unhappy about. Your morale is up to you - you can blame it on anything and everything else if you want to, but at the end of the day your unhappiness is within and can be controlled by you.

If you became a LEO because you want to help people then do it. If you became a LEO because you want to arrest bad guys then do it. If you became a LEO because you want to defend the weak then do it. Every person who calls the police for assistance deserves your best and if you aren't willing to give your best and work hard then maybe you should re-evaluate your reasons for being in this profession. Being a LEO shouldn't just be a job - it shouldn't just be about collecting a paycheck. No one should half ass an investigation just because it isn't important to them - because it was important enough for them to call us - it should be important enough for you to give it your best.

If this post makes you mad or it makes you want to respond negatively - there's something wrong with you. My suggestion for you is that you go to HR and get a pamphlet for the employee assistance program - because you probably need some help. I'm not saying that in a negative way - eap is a good program and if you don't use it when you need it you are foolish.

Please be safe....and the next time you feel the need to make a negative comment about our agency or a member of our agency - consider keeping it to yourself. If you don't have something nice to say......