Narcotics Position - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

luvin it
    Back to the topic. Rumor has it that a new Sgt. that just got promoted is going back to narcotics. IF this is true I find it odd that someone that was in narcotics wasn't allowed to interview under the guise that they wanted to give others opportunities to be in a specialized unit. The kicker is that they then tell two people that they can't interview for narcotics, but that they need them to be FTO'S. So I guess what is good for the goose isn't good for the gander. They also put someone back in k-9 that was once removed. They are also moving a Sgt. for career enhancement, to patrol. Since when has patrol been a career enhancer? If patrol is a career enhancer, I have had the S#$t enhanced out of me.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by luvin it View Post
    Back to the topic. Rumor has it that a new Sgt. that just got promoted is going back to narcotics. IF this is true I find it odd that someone that was in narcotics wasn't allowed to interview under the guise that they wanted to give others opportunities to be in a specialized unit. The kicker is that they then tell two people that they can't interview for narcotics, but that they need them to be FTO'S. So I guess what is good for the goose isn't good for the gander. They also put someone back in k-9 that was once removed. They are also moving a Sgt. for career enhancement, to patrol. Since when has patrol been a career enhancer? If patrol is a career enhancer, I have had the S#$t enhanced out of me.
    just bend over and say "thank you Otis may I have another" and repeat as required. Feel better now?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by luvin it View Post
    Hey Hug-A-Thug! You forget having this same conversation before?

Unregistered
    The reason the topic keeps being discussed is because it remains to be a problem. Sgt. W. is an asset to narcotics, but he should have to earn his stripes on the road. The hypocrisy of this agency is sad. Do you really think he was done any service by putting him right back where he came from? He will probably get promoted to LT in narcotics and so on. What happens when he retires and there is no one qualified to fill the spot? You can't tell me that there is no other Sgt. in this agency capable of learning the narcotics Sgt.'s position. I feel bad for Sgt. T for being forced out of narcotics. This is not an indictment on Sgt. W, this is a rant on the frustration of the system. I guess I should stop beating my head against this particular wall, because things won't change anytime soon.

Unregistered
    I think we all know that Sgt. W is more than capable of running the Narc Unit, but I would venture to say he would be fine on the streets handling his shift. Sgt. W came up in the law enforcement field learning by doing. I remember many times he was in DC doing things with his partners that showed he was capable of being a leader even then. Good luck Sgt. W

Unregistered
    I started this post to try to get some answers on why everyone doesn't get an interview when you apply for a position. I can't believe the way the post has changed to bashing people. I almost feel like I'm back in High School reading some of the comments. The comments on LT E, Deputy A and SGT W seem to be jealousy. They got their positions because they worked for them. As far as SGT W what did you think was going to happen? He's been in narcotics longer than most of the people commenting have been on the road. He deserves to be there. He has put his time in. Thats like when SGT J makes his way back to K-9. People are going to be upset but guess what he deserves that spot. He has dedicated his career to K-9. We as an agency need to be happy for the positions our fellow workers get. Maybe its time to take a step back and look at the hard work and time they have put in to be in these positions. Now I'm not saying some people don't get things they don't deserve but maybe a Capt or Lt saw something they did that a regular Deputy is blind to. Theres no reason to bash them for getting a position. They applied and was given that position because of a reason. I for one have been talked about over the last couple weeks for a few things. All I do is come to work and do my job. If I was offered a position other than the road and I felt I wanted to do it, I would take it. But I wouldn't expect people to be pissed off for me bettering myself. We all would take the position.. So be happy for what others get instead of bashed them.. END OF RANT.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12