LE Deputy Pay Scale - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have over 5+ years here now. Does that make me a disgruntled dinosaur? lol
    You have 5 years. You're not even capped in your step plan. Your theory should and still be half glass full. Make rank, move around the agency get some experience. Its a great agency you have many years to go. Do not let these few disgruntled people drag you down. You have to look past them. This is a great and easy job. Good pay and benefits. Don't let the little things stress you out. Sheriffs come and go. I can guarantee these same people were *****ing at the last Sheriff and the one before that. They are just negative people. Good luck

Unregistered
    Never said that. You took one sentence and took it out of context. Patrol is a great place. The Entire context was directed towards negativity and whining. The idea that this site "was created to come on here and vent". I do not believe that. I believe it can be a great insight of information for new hires and people with good intentions looking to help brother LEOs out that might be coming here. I don't pull up next to city Policeman or Deputy in another county and cry about my agency. Its just tacky and doesn't set a professional image. Just my .02

Unregistered
    Sheriffs come and go.
    The sooner, the better. The knightmare will end when the current sheriff gets the boot, along with his "little Musseloni."

Unregistered
    I have over 5+ years here now. Does that make me a disgruntled dinosaur? lol

Its a great agency you have many years to go. Do not let these few disgruntled people drag you down. You have to look past them. This is a great and easy job. Good pay and benefits. Don't let the little things stress you out. Sheriffs come and go.
    You don't get it, do you?
    1. Everybody agrees it's a great agency.
    2. Nobody is complaining about the pay.
    3. It's the current sheriff and his "command staff henchmen" that deputies are disgusted with.

Knight gug himself a deep legal hole by telling the chief judge to "f off." Now Knight is going in front of three judges -- and if Knight tells them to "f off" (in lieu of obeying their court orders) -- then it may be time to Baker Act him for the safety of the community.

http://www.2dca.org/oralargumentcale...August0917.pdf
    If Knight were not an elected sheriff, then the chief judge would have thrown his arse in jail. However, the judge gave Knight a "professional courtsey" by not arreesting him and by allowing Knight to appeal the chief judges order to the appellate court. After the appellate court rules against Knight, then it will be time for Knight to obey the court or be placed in jail.

Unregistered
    You are complaining about The Sheriff. I come to work, work my 12 and go home. Rarely do I see the Sheriff. He does not affect me. I think he is fine as our Sheriff. I have worked under many Sheriffs in my career. Trust me when I tell you. We have gotten a lot from this Sheriff and I can do my job be a number. It sounds like you have some personal issues going on their with the Sheriff. Their is much more to life than stressing over little things. You wont make this career worrying about that kind of little gossip stuff.

Unregistered

Sleep apnea

You wont make this career worrying about that kind of little gossip stuff.
    Then you'd better lecture the entire Sarasota Sheriff's Office.

You are complaining about The Sheriff.
    Who isn’t? Those in his inner circle are not complaining! (but they do complain privately or discretely)

The knightmare is very bad, but the agency and employees in it are outstanding. Nobody is complaining about deputies or pay or the agency. Let's say it one more time:

• THE SARASOTA COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE IS OUTSTANDING!

• THE KNIGHTMARE IS NOT!

It's a knightmare that employees can't wake up from. Sleep apnea can be dangerous if it is not properly addressed.

Unregistered
    You are your own worst Nightmare. Its all in your head. Just do your job and go home to your family. No one needs to lecture the entire Sheriff's Office. You could not possibly even know half of the new deputies or work force. Quit putting words in people mouth. Speak for yourself. I have no problem with The Sheriff. I get my paycheck,pension and benefits and I do my job everyday. "Inner Circle---DUHHH its a command staff. You don't get it ,,,,,,, Look in the mirror buddy. If you don't like it retire,quit whatever. Don't force your views on other people. Freedom of Speech YES, Freedom of Propaganda & Exploitation,NO!!

Unregistered
    No one needs to lecture the entire Sheriff's Office.
    Maybe that's why you're doing it?

Speak for yourself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1xHr48q0QI

Unregistered
    You are complaining about The Sheriff. I come to work, work my 12 and go home. Rarely do I see the Sheriff. He does not affect me. I think he is fine as our Sheriff. I have worked under many Sheriffs in my career. Trust me when I tell you. We have gotten a lot from this Sheriff and I can do my job be a number. It sounds like you have some personal issues going on their with the Sheriff. Their is much more to life than stressing over little things. You wont make this career worrying about that kind of little gossip stuff.
    Well you are just amazing then. You are just who the Sheriff is looking for (a drone). Tell me superco, did you become a cop to fight crime? What was the purpose of becoming a cop? Good pay? Awesome retirement? Maybe you wanted the high blood pressure and extra weight on your body. Maybe you were trying to get divorced? Was it to "just do your 12 and go home"?
    Sounds to me like you have given up. See how long that last. You can try to bury your head in the sand to the facts. We all have tried, eventually it eats you up and you end up hating yourself and everyone around you.
    You... my zone partner buddy are helpless because you are scared to do the right thing. If you think that knight gives a fuc# about solving crimes and hard work you are sadly mistaken. This is all about him looking good everyday and nothing to do with victims. He will squash you like a tick if you make him look bad.
    I see you over there under the oak tree *****in to your zone partner about how you would quit if you weren't so close to retiring, and if you weren't in so much debt. Yea that's you. Deep down inside you hate yourself and your job but you are too much of a puss$% to do anything about it. So instead you just show up and slug your way through life just doing your 12 and going home (sounds like you are making a difference in the world). I am sure that is why you worked so hard to get your job. Good luck, you fighter!

Unregistered

Sounds to me like you have given up. See how long that last. You can try to bury your head in the sand to the facts. We all have tried, eventually it eats you up and you end up hating yourself and everyone around you.
    Or he's delusional. Remember when Tutko ordered the false K9 sniff? Tutko was rewarded when Knight promoted him, while the whistle-blower was kicked out of K9. Knight's message to everyone is, "Just lay low and I'll take care of everything." However, his inner circle is filled with immoral people who are all hand-picked by Knight himself. Good honest hardworking cops will never respect immoral decisions by Knight.

You... my zone partner buddy are helpless because you are scared to do the right thing.
    That sums it up. People have seen how vindictive Knight is (and his appointed immoral henchmen). Whistle-blowers that speak-out get targeted and eventually punished for trumped up things aka nails that stick up get hammered down. If you're a person of integrity who cannot stomach dishonest and immoral behavior (at the top), then you'd best keep a low profile.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast