LE Deputy Pay Scale - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Im thinking it is time to put old farts like you out to the pasture. It is apparent You're that guy that couldn't make it anywhere and got stuffed in a zone with no ambitions or goals in life. I feel sorry for you but cheer up. Your days are numbered. Since all the promotions of Sergeants and Lieutenants over the past couple of years. A new era is progressing. I am happy to say this agency has prospered and brings much opportunity. The old disgruntled farts like you I can count on one hand. Good luck my little zone dinosaur. Oh and Coward of the county was an old song my Grandparents use to listen to loll.
    I have over 5+ years here now. Does that make me a disgruntled dinosaur? lol

Unregistered
    I have over 5+ years here now. Does that make me a disgruntled dinosaur? lol
    You're in good company. I have over 9 years here, plus have a Bachelors degree... about the same crapentials that Mr. Knight has.

Unregistered
    You're in good company. I have over 9 years here, plus have a Bachelors degree... about the same crapentials that Mr. Knight has.
    At an intuitive level, I trust Tom Knight, but when I contrast that with his strange and bizarre behavior, I am forced to judge him based upon his actions -- and not my intuition. A sociopath cannot be intuitively detected and you must judge them by their actions alone.

Unregistered
    At an intuitive level, I trust Tom Knight, but when I contrast that with his strange and bizarre behavior, I am forced to judge him based upon his actions -- and not my intuition. A sociopath cannot be intuitively detected and you must judge them by their actions alone.
    Knight has made many odd internal decisions that only SSO employees are aware of. However, Knight has made odd external decisions that are in the newspaper, such as:

• Knight's defiance of the Chief Judge in Sarasota. Instead of arresting Knight, the judge allowed him to appeal it. It's currently being litigated and the next court date is August 9th in the Second DCA. It will probably take anywhere from 30 to 90 days to get a decision.
    • Knight also publicly threatened to punish Caroline Zucker for nonexistent ethics violations (after Knight wrote an endorsement check to her). Knight's public threat was flushed down the toilet.

Unregistered
    What about Charlotte SO?

Unregistered
    What about Charlotte SO?
    That's an excellent question that can be answered here:
    http://forums.leoaffairs.com/forumdi...eriff-s-Office

Unregistered
    Orlando PD base pay:

Orlando PD retirement:

Unregistered
    Your website says that a deputy cannot be hired if he is over 40 years old (with employment in corrections as an exception):

https://library.municode.com/fl/sara...59MISTQURIAPEM

Does the old age cut-off also apply to working as a SSO court deputy?

Unregistered
    Your website says that a deputy cannot be hired if he is over 40 years old (with employment in corrections as an exception):

Does the old age cut-off also apply to working as a SSO court deputy?
    To be a bailiff, we've historically hired really really really old retired LEOs from out-of-state. Some of them are so old they already have one foot in the grave. However, for the road, Mr. Knight tends to hire really really really young applicants because he is able to easily impress them, due to their youth and inexperience.

It's interesting how the website link that you posted says there is an old age employment limit, but at the same time, the FRS increased the age before LEOs can retire, from age 55 to 60. Go figure.

It's here:
    https://www.myfrs.com/FRSPro_ComparePlan_Eligible.htm
    (scroll down and look to the right under "special risk")

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by municode.com
    Sec. 78-59. - [Minimum standards and qualifications—Original applicants for employment.]

The minimum standards and qualifications for an original applicant for employment as a Deputy Sheriff or in any other capacity in the Office of the Sheriff of Sarasota County, Florida, shall be as follows:

(1) An applicant for employment as Deputy Sheriff shall not be more than 40 years of age (shall not have reached their 40th birthday); provided, however, that this provision does not apply to a Deputy Sheriff hired to act only as a jailer.

It uses the term "jailer" too. LOL

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast