LE Deputy Pay Scale
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

LE Deputy Pay Scale

I'm looking to find out what you guys currently top out at as far as your step plan goes. I know what the starting pay is but can't find out how much or how many steps it takes to max out. I've called HR but the woman I talked with couldn't give me a straight answer like it was a secret or something. I'm looking at applying to different agencies down that way and yours is the only one I can't get any info on. I also get the whole look elsewhere, grass is always greener, moral sucks etc as I have a few years on the job already but I'm still curious.

Fear of what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm looking to find out what you guys currently top out at as far as your step plan goes. I know what the starting pay is but can't find out how much or how many steps it takes to max out. I've called HR but the woman I talked with couldn't give me a straight answer like it was a secret or something. I'm looking at applying to different agencies down that way and yours is the only one I can't get any info on. I also get the whole look elsewhere, grass is always greener, moral sucks etc as I have a few years on the job already but I'm still curious.
    Yes, there is a fear to disclose what the pay is. However, it’s all public record, but HR acts like the pay scale is a secret, possibly because the pay scale is scattered all over the board without any rhyme or reason. For example, Kurt Hoffman makes around 130k, so Knight is are hiring someone at 81k to replace him. It’s all public record, but if you put in a public records request to see who is making what, it will burn your political bridge and you won’t get hired.

Unregistered
    Currently their is a 13 step program maxing out base high 58 or so starting for experienced is currently around 45. Proposed plan to go to 8 step and max. Out in 60s She was hesitant because it is the end of fiscal year and she doesn't know what's going to happen

Unregistered
    Currently their is a 13 step program maxing out base high 58 or so starting for experienced is currently around 45. Proposed plan to go to 8 step and max. Out in 60s She was hesitant because it is the end of fiscal year and she doesn't know what's going to happen
    Thanks for the info, I know no matter where I wind up starting over I'm going to be taking a bit of hit. I was curious to know if it was a lot or a little.

Unregistered
    Does the staff still get Christmas Bonuses? In the past Sheriffs have always been able to give left over expense funds as payouts to the staff for a job well done. This is a good way to spend any left over money.

fiscal fiasco
    Does the staff still get Christmas Bonuses? In the past Sheriffs have always been able to give left over expense funds as payouts to the staff for a job well done. This is a good way to spend any left over money.
    Knight gives pay raises through the stratosphere to 2nd floor staff members and then he gives the leftover money to them as a "Christmas bonus." Kurt Hoffman has received the biggest pay raises in the shortest amount of time in the history of the Sarasota Sheriff's Office. Bill Balkwill and Tom Knight are responsible for that fiscal fiasco.

Unregistered
    Has anyone heard about the great raises we are getting and if they are accross the board? The new physcal year starts soon and I want to put a down payment on that neew BMW

Unregistered

Also looking around

Ive been with my current agency 9 years, 7 of which as a Deputy. I am also looking to relocate to the general area to be closer to family. According to http://www.sarasotasheriff.org/about...y-sheriff.html , a Deputy after FTO starts out at $43,264, however with experience can be adjusted up to $50,805. I have been unable to find anything online in reference to any sort of a step-plan in place for raises. Can someone explain what kind of raises yall are getting or how your step plan works?

Someone mentioned to me bedore he thought 6% every year.

Unregistered
    Ive been with my current agency 9 years, 7 of which as a Deputy. I am also looking to relocate to the general area to be closer to family. According to http://www.sarasotasheriff.org/about...y-sheriff.html , a Deputy after FTO starts out at $43,264, however with experience can be adjusted up to $50,805. I have been unable to find anything online in reference to any sort of a step-plan in place for raises. Can someone explain what kind of raises yall are getting or how your step plan works?

Someone mentioned to me bedore he thought 6% every year.

Do yourself huge favor. Avoid the John Jernigans and John Walshes at his agency that are backstabbing liars and can/will get you into some trouble. This place is beyond ****ed up right now. I would suggest SPD or Manatee County.

Unregistered
    Do yourself huge favor. Avoid the John Jernigans and John Walshes at his agency that are backstabbing liars and can/will get you into some trouble. This place is beyond ****ed up right now. I would suggest SPD or Manatee County.

They are a reflection of the second floor. Mr. Tom Knight has placed them into his inner circle, so he must except for responsibility for the way this place has become. It is what it is.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast