Shoot / Don't Shoot Michael Brown Justification - Page 2

View Poll Results: Was Off. Darren Wilson justified in using deadly force against Michael Brown?

Voters
398. This poll is closed
  • Absolutely, he was in fear of his life and had reason to be!

237 59.55%
  • I believe he was more justified than being unjustified.

47 11.81%
  • I am indifferent or I do not know.

9 2.26%
  • I believe he was more unjustified than being justified.

3 0.75%
  • Absolutely not, he should have never used deadly force!

13 3.27%
  • I do not have enough information to make a decision yet.

86 21.61%
  • I believe he was justified in shooting, but he should have shot to wound.

3 0.75%
  • My opinion is not currently in the above options.

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    If you see a 6' 4" 290 lbs gorilla racing towards you, who just punched you in the face just seconds before, believe me you are going to be scared for your life and you are going to defend yourself.

Unregistered

Killing of law enforcement officeers

Does anyone remember Detective Melvin
    Santiago? He was a Jersey City police officer
    who was shot to death just a month ago, on July
    13th. Santiago was white. His killer,
    Lawrence Campbell, was black. Does anyone
    recall Obama appearing before national
    television and calling for justice for Officer
    Santiago's family? Does anyone recall Eric
    Holder (what a joke he is) rushing to Jersey City to see that justice was done?

How about Officer Jeffrey Westerfield. He was a
    Gary, Indiana police officer who was shot to
    death last month on July 6th. Westerfield was
    white. His killer, Carl LeEllis Blount, Jr. was
    black. Where was Obama? Where was Holder?

Or Officer Perry Renn? He was an Indianapolis,
    Indiana police officer who was shot to death
    just last month on July 5th, the day before
    Officer Westerfield was killed. Officer Renn
    was white. His killer, Major Davis, was
    black. I don't recall any mention by Obama
    about the untimely death of Officer Renn. And,
    I doubt that Eric Holder rushed to Indianapolis
    to make sure justice was done. Or, maybe I just missed it.

Vermillion Parish Deputy Sheriff Allen Bares was
    gunned down by two men just last June 23rd in
    Louisiana. Deputy Bares was white. His two
    killers, Quintlan Richard and Baylon Taylor,
    were black. Was Obama outraged? Did Eric
    Holder rush to Louisiana to make sure that the
    family of Deputy Bares found justice?

Here in Killeen, TX, Detective Charles
    Dinwiddie of the Killeen Police Department was
    murdered by Marvin Lewis Guy, a black
    male. Officer Dinwiddie was white. This
    happened on May 11th, just over two months
    ago. I don't even recall seeing anything
    about that on the news. Certainly, the white
    citizens in Killeen didn't take to the streets
    to loot and burn businesses. Again, I don't
    recall any mention by Obama or Holder.

Then, there is Officer Kevin Jordan of the
    Griffin, Georgia Police Department. He was
    gunned down just two months ago on May
    31st. Officer Jordan was black. His killer,
    Michael Bowman, was white. This was a white man
    murdering a black police officer. Where was
    Jesse Jackson? Where was "The Reverend" Al
    Sharpton? Was there looting and burning on the
    streets of Griffin, Georgia? No. In fact, I
    don't recall hearing about this one in the news,
    as well. Why? You can draw your own conclusions.

Over the past 60 days, there have been five
    reported deaths of police officers by gunshot in
    the US. Of those, four were white officers who
    were murdered by black men. Blacks complain
    that white officers threaten black men more
    aggressively on the street. You can draw your
    own conclusions on that one, as well.

Sysop
    http://www.leoaffairs.com/news/suppo...ased-tensions/

Support for police lends balance to ongoing Ferguson-based tensions

By Stephen Owsinski

Reprinted from 08/28/14 on LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Perhaps it did not help when national and state political figures prematurely weighed-in on the Ferguson, MO, fatal shooting incident involving an 18-year-old man and a six-year veteran police officer. No matter in what corner of the globe one resides, it was virtually impossible to not become aware of this tragic 09 August 2014 event. Now that several weeks have transpired since the shooting, episodes of support for police are evolving and being made public.

On Fox News with Megyn Kelly recently, Robin Clearmountain, in Ferguson, was interviewed on live TV and colorized a heartfelt response relating to her support and admiration of law enforcement officers. Impassioned by the inherent nature of police work and the absolute perils cops must confront daily, Clearmountain conveyed how she considers police officers as “family” and that “there isn’t enough money in the world to pay them for what they do…and I’m not afriad or ashamed to say that!”

Like an ambassador of peace and understanding, Ms. Clearmountain emoted candidly. Professionally, Ms. Clearmountain is no stranger to police culture and its inherent dangers; she is a former director of multicultural affairs with the Florissant, MO, police department. Personally, Clearmountain named several family members who either were or are law enforcement officers.

Conversely, after U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and some political friends (recently reported here on LEOAffairs.com) effectively criticized all law enforcement officers with accusations of nefarious behaviors and racial profiling, Ms. Clearmountain’s voice of reason lends a pillar of support where there has been very little lately.

As the FBI delves into potential civil rights violations, and the Missouri state law enforcement investigators conduct an officer-involved shooting incident, Michael Brown was laid to rest. Three top-level White House officials were reportedly present at Mr. Brown’s funeral services.

While Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson remains at an undisclosed location, supposedly in another state and safe from media reporters irresponsibly publicizing his whereabouts, Ms. Clearmountain presented herself on Fox News, not only in support of Wilson but police officials everywhere.

Ms. Clearmountain’s words echo the stark realization that cops place themselves in positions without a definite playbook or engineered blueprint. Clearmountain underscored gratitude. I support the police for “many, many reasons…and all the reasons come from my heart,” said Clearmountain

Law enforcement is a relatively take-it-as-it-comes industry. Each “job” does not always go according to preconceived notions. Every encounter is different, even if an officer had prior contact with certain individuals. Policing is an ever-evolving institution. So, too, are the criminal elements, along with their motivations, weapons, tactics, and desparation to evade police.

The dangers in police work are omnipresent and exponential. One seemingly “routine call” can go haywire in an instant; traffic stops are notoriously unpredictable. Responding in inclement weather conditions can kill first responders (and often do). Inherent rules, policies, and regulations can cause a moment of second-guessing. Human nature, no matter the uniform. Police deaths can and do ensue.

Police work is neither a perfect science nor is it a loosely-applied practice. As a progressive and democratic society, with principles of freedom abundantly enjoyed, it is resoundingly defining when a citizen stands in a tension-filled arena and publicly trumpets her pro-police sentiments. For the right reasons, Ms. Clearmountain embraces cops. Without prejudice, she seeks to restore dignity in the latest episode of embattled American institution: Law enforcement.

Clearmountain donned a black T-shirt with the word “POLICE” in bold, white lettering across the front. Around her neck dangled a chain, at the end of which a police badge was displayed.

“I am concerned, anyone willing to take a bullet for me or to jump in and save me from a catastrophic situation, that is family to me, and I have to support these people for the job they do,” said Clearmountain via the Fox News broadcast.

Jutting a hand in the air and swearing to lay down your life for another is rather foreign to most. Yet, cops do it and are guided by their professional (and personal) constitution. A thankless job? Yes. Do cops expect gratitude? Not necessarily. However, it is certainly reassuring to our nation’s police officers when someone the likes of Ms. Clearmountain goes public, authentically and without agenda, catering support for law enforcement, while judging no one.

Unregistered

You are a dump a$$

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Police Officer Darren Wilson has committed a crime now he needs to pay the price. No one is above the law in this country. Also, when you put on that uniform you are representing something bigger than yourself; you should be held to a higher standard. Police Officers have plenty of tools at their disposal to get the job done safely. Lastly, Police Officers need to police their own; one bad apple makes them all look bad.

Just wait and see Wison will not be charged. Remember the only rights you have are the ones we give you. Learned that from my FTO

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant
    Someone sent me this photo of Off. Darren Wilson in his hospital bed. It clearly shows his injuries after being attacked by what the sender describes as an "unarmed black teenager". The sender also stated that this "is what a broken eye socket looks like". Does this photo change anyone's vote in the Poll?

IMAGE REMOVED
    Last edited by chipdeblock; 09-08-2014 at 04:01 PM.

Unregistered
    The reports of Wilson's injuries sound believable, but I'm not sure that photo is legitimate...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5768510.html

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The reports of Wilson's injuries sound believable, but I'm not sure that photo is legitimate...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5768510.html
    Thanks for the quick response and the link. I removed the image until it or one like it can be verified...I appreciate the help!

Unregistered

Shooting

I think the public, the police and society have seen and heard enough. This shooting was justified. More than Justified. The protesters in Ferguson arent looking for Justice, they are looking for ways to EXTORT it. Ferguson Protesters have overplayed their hand and quite frankly took the "play out of the pup" for most people. We dont care. What we should care about is taking back our cities back from these less than desirable citizens and sending the message we wont tolerate YOUR percieved persecution in the form of vandalism and destruction. Obviously Officer Wilson needs more "vocal, legal and financial support" than ever while calling for the condemnation of Protesters. The "nothing to see here, move along" is very appropiate at this juncture.

Unregistered
    Not only did he commit a strong arm robbery moments before, he also committed a burglary of the police car and battery on a LEO before being shot. That doesn't even count attempting to disarm a LEO. Yeah his shooting was justified.

Even if it wasn't the way it happened what gives the public the right to break into stores and steal shoes, booze, electronics etc. Oh I forgot that's what people do every time and then complain about what the cop did. They should be glad it gave them an excuse to steal everything in sight. I don't know how stealing a pair of Air Jordons has to do with the shooting.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    The forensics from the autopsy more than prove that Officer Wilson was in a fight for his life. It is unfortunate the "public" is so uneducated about officer safety and the lessons learned.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast