Fop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fop

WPJR

Fop

Join FOP so we can stand united !

Unregistered
    While I'm sure by the name the original poster used that this is just a troll and he would probably respond sometime later using a different user name slamming the FOP I'll respond anyway. I've heard many members of the SO complain about the FOP for many years. I've heard many recently even drop out unhappy with the current contract being negotiated. My response to them was where were you? Do you realize that the FOP as the name implies is a fraternal organization that is made up by its members. It's not some outside organization that has come into your department and taken over your contract negotiations, it's you. It requires your participation to succeed.

What the original poster said in jest is true, united we do stand and I would add that divided we do fall. When is the last time any of you showed up to a meeting? When is the last time any of you participated in one of the activities sponsored by the FOP? I'm willing to bet very few of you. When is the last time any of you showed up for a contract negotiation (yes, according to Florida law you must be allowed in. You can't speak, but they must allow you in)? Yet day after day you complain you're unhappy. The means to correct this is in your hands, but you would rather toss it away. The Sheriff, his admin, and his attorney see this. They smell weakness and they take full advantage of it. Research the Sheriff's attorney sometime. He fancies himself a union buster. He intentional breeds dissent in order to weaken the union. He instructs the admin and command staff on methods to achieve this.

Let's face facts the sheriff and his command staff are in positions of great power. One on one you will always loose. He has the most leverage by virtue of his office. The only way you will ever be able to confront that is by a united front. He must be made to realize, or at least believe that he has more to loose by not agreeing to your terms. This takes great effort. In a typical organization you would get rid of a undesirable boss by going over his head using a united, well thought out plan. In the case of an elected official that take a little more work as the public as a whole is his boss. As such you usually your greatest opportunity comes once every four years. That is when he is most vulnerable. It can be done at other times it just will require a lot of work.

If you are unhappy with the FOP don't drop out, take it over. It belongs to you, not the other way around. Show this agency a united front and teach them to respect the line staff again. Get active in your communities, make contacts, and next time an election comes around do your research. Support the candidate that best fits your ideals. Use the contacts you've made in the community to spread his name. As law enforcement most of the public puts a lot of weight on our opinion.

Unregistered
    I agree 100%, if we all join the FOP and stand united then we can make changes with our sheriff's office. Not any single person owns the agency, we are the agency.

Office Drone 2389
    Something needs to be done soon. We have a number 2 that is usurping the sheriff and consolidating his powerbase. He is going after any and all that would threaten his position. I heard that just the other day he issued a written reprimand the CG in accreditation because of an email she sent to him she also cc'd to the Sheriff. From what I've been told by records is that reprimands have at least quadrupled since the "good" colonel took over. Most the members here at HQ are talking about retiring this year. Morale is at all time low. Intimidation and attempts to turn people on one another is a daily occurrence. TR is the most vile, devious man I've ever met. Even when the Sheriff is here he doesn't seem to notice or care. He lets TR run wild and in the process run this agency into the ground. The only way to counter this is banding together. All these years I thought the people at the jail were exaggerating how bad he was. Seeing him action has caused me to see things in a completely different light.

The Art of War
    Office Drone I understand your frustration, but you must understand that he's the boss. If you start to band together and oppose him he will get his back up. I know him and he's not the type of person that will back down. If you commit to this it will have to taken all the way. You will have to get rid of him, take him out. He will fight you the whole way and he has greater resources to pull from. That being said if you do commit to this do your research. He has weaknesses that at first appear to be strengths.

1. He's arrogant and self assured, but this is a fragile arrogance that's easily offended. Bruise it a little and he'll find a way to get at you. Bruise it a lot and get him really worked up and he'll make a mistake.

2. He never does anything directly. He gets others to do his dirty work, so he smile and be the good ole southern boy. These are his boys. These friendships though are an illusion. These are just people that compromised themselves to get ahead, to survive. They regret and hate TR on some level for making them do the things he makes them do. They know that at anytime he will discard them if keeping them can hurt him. It's hard the like somebody when the require you to constantly have your nose up their ass, and there is the key. They more than anybody else knows what shit he has hidden. Turn one of them and you'll have a great tool, use them. Don't feel bad about it. They've been his tool for years. They're used to it. They have to be made to believe it's more costly to support him than to turn on him.

3. This brings us to an angle to use. On angle to turn a kiss ass is to use your rights. Certified have something that protects them called the Officer Bill of Rights. This seldom spoke of law is extremely important. TR has no respect for it and in turn neither does his tools. They wouldn't be able to do what they do if they had any respect for the OBR. They utilize different methods to attempt to bypass it. They will tell you that they are not investigating you they're investigating the incident. You're just a witness and the law doesn't cover witnesses. Don't believe them, you'll be written up within a week. If they're behind the investigation then the investigation is about you and not the incident. Any of you that have been in court realize that judges don't like people that try bypassing the law using different terms. You have what you call the spirit of the law along with the word of law. Words are what TR uses to attempt to bypass the law. Read fs 112.532-112-534 and remember it. Follow the process it outlines for violations. Get the union to assist you. That is what they are there for. They live for this as it strengthens their position with the members. Take out a few of TR's boys and the rest will turn.

Document everything. No detail is to small. Band together, do your research, and take out the ones that are bringing this agency down.

Unregistered
    War Boy, all you're going to do is get a lot of people fired. Those that don't get fired will get a file full of reprimands. Just wait him out. Campaigning will begin next year. My source has told me that BP is considering not running next year for health reasons. It makes sense as he almost died this year. He can't handle the stress of the job. That's why he's been letting TR run things unopposed. TR can't run as he doesn't live in Charlotte County.

Unregistered
    If you think that TR wouldn't buy a condo in Charlotte County for a shot at the title, you're crazy. Lets not forget that he was going for a position in Orange County not too long ago. You know he wasn't going to commute. With TR, he is motivated by greed, plain and simple. If he stands to make another 30k a year as Sheriff, you better believe he's going for it. Unless of course he finds a position elsewhere making more money. He wouldn't think twice about leaving the SO and the Sheriff high and dry if the price was right. But, I think he has plans on staying on for the number 1 spot. He is getting all his jail people in strategic positions for a take over. When you are king, you surround yourself with people you can trust. That might have been BP's mistake. He chose to surround himself with those that helped him get elected but not that he could trust. Now they are going to overthrow him in the next election. TR will focus on BP's weakness (stress). Instead of relieving it, he will strategically add to it, which will open the door for TR in the next election.

Unregistered

Watcher

Dang! BP almost died? How'd I miss that? I miss all the good stuff.

Unregistered
    HAAA... a career CO in charge of an LE agency. Maybe we can just all sit at desks instead of driving. We can stand on the corner and paint a red line on the ground that nobody can cross or they will get in really big trouble. More toilet paper? I have a trunk full, help yourself.

Unregistered
    It's a yellow line ahole.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast