Fwc pay - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fwc pay

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Look, keep having fun, and don't worry about the pay. Now, get back in your boat!
    Look, if you just look at the Strategic Vision Book you'll see right in there that one of our core missions is to train people to work for someone else that pays more. Its all part of the plan, now back in your hole.

Unregistered

Forget That!

I have had this happen before, but more recently, yesterday. A fisherman asked me how he could go about applying for FWC as a LEO. I gave his some basic information and then he asked how much the pay was. I told him, his astonishment was very apparent, and without even pausing said, "Forget that!"

I get the idea that $30-$40K doesn't impress people anymore. I didn't bother to mention no step plan or COLA.

Unregistered
    I have had this happen before, but more recently, yesterday. A fisherman asked me how he could go about applying for FWC as a LEO. I gave his some basic information and then he asked how much the pay was. I told him, his astonishment was very apparent, and without even pausing said, "Forget that!"

I get the idea that $30-$40K doesn't impress people anymore. I didn't bother to mention no step plan or COLA.
    Yes that is all true. You guys make it sound like that is a new phenomenon. Please understand it is not. It seems like recently people who for some reason got hired without knowing the pay. Here is another fact. There will continue to be highly qualified people who apply, not because of the salary but cause it is essentially a cool job with incredible flexibility. It wasn't too long ago that having a hundred people apply for each academy class position was the norm and nobody was making more as a result of working for the state. People, mostly guys, really believed in the job and understood any sacrifices associated with it. But that was when you made your own work hours and accepted or even relished the buy-in of your area. You were respected and even feared a little. The low pay did not even come into it, and our officers were happy.

Unregistered
    It is cheaper in the long and short run to pay a little more every year or so than to retrain new people every year. It really is a waste to not identify and retain the best employees and let the others leave.

Unregistered
    It is cheaper in the long and short run to pay a little more every year or so than to retrain new people every year. It really is a waste to not identify and retain the best employees and let the others leave.
    That is funny! Cheaper to get rid of people and pay no benefits. The new America. Get used to it.

Unregistered
    You guys understand we will be at the minimum wage soon.

Unregistered

Red face

You guys understand we will be at the minimum wage soon.

Very true. The minimum wage is catching up with us. If the minimum wage surpasses what we earn, we'll get a pay raise..........yippy yahoo! Something to look forward to.

Unregistered
    No light at the end of the tunnel, We have made more Lt positions to do nothing. Yet officers find themselves with more duties and responsibilities. How about creating more officers positions. So much for proactive the way it used to be, all about proresponse like fire fighters. Just wait for the vehicle crash or vehicle burglary call.

Unregistered

Bookem Danno

I heard if you want to make more money, just make end of the shift BUI in Broward like the rookie who's out baggin everyone and their mamma moving just to bump up his pay. Doesn't that make us look good?

Unregistered

I heard if you want to make more money, just make end of the shift BUI in Broward like the rookie who's out baggin everyone and their mamma moving just to bump up his pay. Doesn't that make us look good?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast