Fwc pay
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fwc pay

Unregistered

Fwc pay

How do you all get by on 32k-42k a year? Are you allowed to work off duty out of FTO? Is there a good amount for new officers?

Unregistered
    You live in a mobile home, put your wife to work and in about 3-5 years you come to your senses and go to another agency or career. Which is what the Governor and his people want.

Unregistered

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You live in a mobile home, put your wife to work and in about 3-5 years you come to your senses and go to another agency or career. Which is what the Governor and his people want.
    Well, the other method is to have a wife that has a really good job that is willing to let you have "fun" at your job that pays nothing.

It is wise to marry a nurse, teacher, or pharmacist. That sometimes works. Of course he/she may just get tired of supporting your sorry butt and give you the boot.

Another option is to retire from another job and be a ROAD employee at FWC.

However, the best option is to leave. The FEDS pay good, have a great retirement, and they have "fun" too.

Unregistered

Angry

Whine and cry. You knew the pay sucked when you hired on. Suck it up. You aren't getting pay raise, more benefits, or anything else.

You knew there was no step plan, no COLA, no nothing. Then you proceed to gripe when the tightest legislature in the country keeps you in borderline poverty.

Further, you work all your time off-duty so you can keep working at this "fun" job thereby subsidizing the government!

This is what is called a dead-end job.

Wake up! Either find a real job or quit whining.

Unregistered
    Every State of Ponzi law enforcement position is a dead end, just some are more than others. There is no sustainable future as a law enforcement officer in Ponziland. The republican legislature and their carpet bagging benefactors will continue to make the lives a state employees one measly step above poverty. The days when you could stick it out with the promise of things getting better are gone.

Unregistered
    I use to be a a GFC Officer right before the merge and I absolutely loved the job! But living in south Florida was very difficult to make ends meet on the pay. After 5 years I had to leave and now make 82,000 a year in law enforcement with a local city. I'm still FRS and miss the old job, but when I retire I'll look back and be happy I made the move. I commend you all for sticking it out if you can, but I blame the State for not caring about their employees enough to at least pay a reasonable salary so LEO's don't have to spend all their time away from home on OT or Off Duty work if it is even available.

Stay Safe all!

Unregistered
    So when is the State of Florida going to wake up? We just had two officers quit this month and we were short officers anyway due to people quitting. No surprise, both are going to work for the FEDS.

< $40K/year is not that much money, when are those at the top going to figure that out? Having fun only goes so far for any job.

Unregistered
    So when is the State of Florida going to wake up? We just had two officers quit this month and we were short officers anyway due to people quitting. No surprise, both are going to work for the FEDS.

< $40K/year is not that much money, when are those at the top going to figure that out? Having fun only goes so far for any job.
    They aren't going to figure it out so quit whining

Unregistered

I baled out with a highest five ave. of 85.5 K. I must admit, I had a lot more fun during the first half then the last 15 years!

I'm OK with my retirement, and life is good.

Unregistered

Fun

They aren't going to figure it out so quit whining
    Look, keep having fun, and don't worry about the pay. Now, get back in your boat!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast