Jurisdiction - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jurisdiction

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The FL government needs to limit FHP's jurisdiction like it was in the past, only on Federal and State roads and 100' off of each road in either direction. Keep the staff at the same level. This will force FHP to direct resources to these roads and direct funding towards developing a competent investigation arm for crimes committed on these roads.

When they come into the city they just cause problems, always asking for backup for small petty stuff like an argumentative motorist. They need to focus on their mission of highway patrol.
    So you think you know what FHP's mission is?

So, what is the Mission of the Florida Highway patrol by statute? Not what your opinion is?

Unregistered
    I know of several Troopers who have worked shooting. I my self have worked two, I made an arrest on one several years ago. It's not that difficult.

Unregistered
    What is FHP going to do in a shooting write the shooter a traffic citation??? FHP has it's job to do but it is not working shootings. If it is not traffic related it's not FHP's job. If it's something the State Law Enforcement needs to address then FDLE is the agency to handle it not FHP.

Unregistered
    I know of several Troopers who have worked shooting. I my self have worked two, I made an arrest on one several years ago. It's not that difficult.
    Really?? Come on?? Who did all your crime scene and ballistic work? Who and where did you do your interviews? Case numbers or its all BS.

Unregistered
    I also worked plenty of shootings. You don’t know what you are talking about. But I have answers to your easy questions.

Who did all your crime scene and ballistic work? -FDLE and Metro Dade

Who and where did you do your interviews? -At the office

Case numbers or its all BS. - This would not make a difference to you, because you don’t have access to our BCII case numbers that start with 99.

Unregistered
    Really?? Come on?? Who did all your crime scene and ballistic work? Who and where did you do your interviews? Case numbers or its all BS.
    The Bureau of Criminal Intelligence and Investigation has been working a wider variety of crimes recently. They've been the primary agency on several shootings/highway violence as of late...some high-profile, some not. FHP is the lead agency in this case right now:
    http://www.wsvn.com/story/26134273/c...hot-at-her-car

Unregistered
    If this story is true, then whoever made this decision should be made to explain why vehicle with potential evidence of a felony inside was towed to a private tow yard. Proper procedure probably would have been to have the vehicle towed to a secured facility while a search warrant was obtained and executed that same night.

Exclusive: Evidence Stolen In Officer Road Rage Investigation
    http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/08/12...investigation/

Unregistered
    Why wasn't this vehicle towed to the station impound? Whomever decided to leave the gun in the car needs to be fired. Thats why we don't need work shootings and other high profile criminal cases. No training or experience.

Unregistered
    You mean the odometer enforcement unit. That is funny. I can't wait to see how this goes no where fast. Sorry this is outta their expertise. MDPD I'm sure fiqured you wanna play police. Knock yourself out. Good luck. This is a decline to prosecute from the start due to lack of investigative know how. should of been turned over to MDPD or city police from the get go.

Unregistered
    Why wasn't this vehicle towed to the station impound? Whomever decided to leave the gun in the car needs to be fired. Thats why we don't need work shootings and other high profile criminal cases. No training or experience.

The best thing that happened to the Offender, fhp is handling the case. He won't even need a lawyer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast