Age limits

Thread: Age limits

Age limits

Ok here goes,
    I am strongly considering a career change and want to know if there are any age requirements with FLPD. Looked online and saw nothing. I'm 44 and have been a firefighter in south Florida for 15 years..(let the bashing begin, I can handle it)!! I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale and that is the Department I have always wanted to work for as a Police Officer. Just looking for some info, I'm in the process of signing up for the testing and look forward to any and all challenges this will bring. I appreciate the serious advice, and the bullshit, I'll take that too. Be safe!!

Re: Age limits

Quote Originally Posted by Louis
    Ok here goes,
    I am strongly considering a career change and want to know if there are any age requirements with FLPD. Looked online and saw nothing. I'm 44 and have been a firefighter in south Florida for 15 years..(let the bashing begin, I can handle it)!! I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale and that is the Department I have always wanted to work for as a Police Officer. Just looking for some info, I'm in the process of signing up for the testing and look forward to any and all challenges this will bring. I appreciate the serious advice, and the bullshit, I'll take that too. Be safe!!
    Before the horrible comments begin, you should have no concerns. There is actually another retired FF on the Department. He's been here for many years. You should be (here it comes!) well rested from your previous job and left with plenty of energy for this one! Best of luck!

Re: Age limits

Haha, I am well rested and ready to go!! Thanks for your advice

Lt Dangle
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1984561
    Haha, I am well rested and ready to go!! Thanks for your advice

Hopefully you will bring some credibility to this department

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1984495
    Ok here goes,
    Hey guys. I just turned 51 and finally left my firefighter job. The police really get a bad rap and i want to be the change in the community and end racism. Is the department still hiring and am I too old now???

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey guys. I just turned 51 and finally left my firefighter job. The police really get a bad rap and i want to be the change in the community and end racism. Is the department still hiring and am I too old now???
    Congrats on retiring! Take my advice: stay retired and enjoy your free time. Very bad time to be a cop right now. It’s dangerous and people hate you. You will not single handedly end racism. It’s too profitable for many. Travel the world, find a hobby, and enjoy life! At your age, this job will take a toll on your body much harder at your age. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.