One mistake on a report now requires a memo to Major
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

One mistake on a report now requires a memo to Major

Last week I saw numerous members of a certain squad typing memos, after work at the district office. I asked them what was up. They all told me that they are now required to write a memo to the Major if there is even one mistake on their reports.

Yep, you heard it right. Deputies are now required to write a memo to their Major for as little as one….. ONE (1)…… mistake on a report

One missing comma, or one misspelled word, or one letter that is not capitalized now requires a deputy to write a memo to his/her Major. And they write one memo for each and every report that has a mistake on it.

:shock:

And, they wonder why deputies will do anything to get out of writing a report.

On a separate, but related note, my Sergeant asked me the other day why I no longer take the test to be promoted to Corporal. I told her “Are you kidding me? With how absolutely miserable all of the supervisors are at this district, ALL OF THEM including you, why the heck would I ever want to be promoted.” More power to all of those who actually sign up for that bullshhit!

Her response was “Yeah, you’re right”.

Re: One mistake on a report now requires a memo to Major

Stay late and rack up the OT :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Last week I saw numerous members of a certain squad typing memos, after work at the district office. I asked them what was up. They all told me that they are now required to write a memo to the Major if there is even one mistake on their reports.

Yep, you heard it right. Deputies are now required to write a memo to their Major for as little as one….. ONE (1)…… mistake on a report

One missing comma, or one misspelled word, or one letter that is not capitalized now requires a deputy to write a memo to his/her Major. And they write one memo for each and every report that has a mistake on it.

Yawnnnnn

On a separate, but related note, my Sergeant asked me the other day why I no longer take the test to be promoted to Corporal. I told her “Are you kidding me? With how absolutely miserable all of the supervisors are at this district, ALL OF THEM including you, why the heck would I ever want to be promoted.” More power to all of those who actually sign up for that bullshhit!

Time for a Union! We need representation to stand up to all this BS

Just make one of those pre-printed memorandums they have laying around.

Dear Major So-And-So:

I made an error on report #_________ because of the following reason(s):

[] I am a deputy and cannot spell
    [] The victim is lying and this report isn't going anywhere anyway
    [] This is my sixth report of the shift and I am on two hours of overtime because day shift slimed the evening cars again
    [] No hablo ingles
    [] I really don't give a damn anymore

A supplement with corrections will be submitted prior to the end of my tour of duty.

Are you sure it's not because only detectives are eligible for promotion to corporal now? Because that right there makes me wonder if the rest of your post is true or not.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1984405

I dont know if you are talking about my squad, or if another squad had to do the same thing. Here's the kicker. On the memos we had to type, we could not write them ourselves. We were told what to write. Then we were told to sign the memos that were dictated to us.

How's that for integrity !

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1984591
    Time for a Union! We need representation to stand up to all this BS

Just learn how to spell idiot and you won't have to write memos

Unregistered
    What if you have a typo in your memo explaining your typo?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You get put on double secret probation.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Remedial memo writing. Loss of take home car and a copy of Memo Writing For Dummies!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast