Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The men and women at MGPD have a very difficult job, more so on a daily basis than many other agencies in South FLA.
As an OLD TIMER, working nearby, I applaud all of you for going to work in that dump daily. Your stress level has to be high, and when all of us hear some of you speak about the INTERNAL PROBLEMS, if i was an AH living in your dump, I'd be happy.

Besides a long time in PD work, I'm also a Vet. When I went overseas, some of you young ones were not even born yet so please listen to my suggestion: YOU ALL NEED TO COME TOGETHER AS A TEAM, PUT ASIDE THE COLOR, RELIGION ETC AND WORK AS A PD TEAM!!! Try to forget the internal politics and remember your EXTERNAL PROBLEMS ARE MUCH LARGER. You guys handle more shootings and major crimes in a week than some other PD's handle in months. The AH'es in your city enjoy and profit from your INTERNAL BICKERING, AND ASK ANY COMBAT VET (AND U R ALL IN A COMBAT ZONE) IF YOU ARE NOT A TEAM, THAN U R IN A DEEP PILE OF CRAP. Focus on the outside elements that clearly need to be flushed, arrested and removed from your city. Remember for those citizens trapped who support you but given their surroundings can't really come forward for you, BECOME A STRONGER TEAM FOR THEM ALSO.

TRY TO GET ALONG, WORK AND TUNE OUT THE BS AS BEST AS POSSIBLE. yeah its easy for me to say that, but remember many of your brothers and sisters live in similar but not quite as hectic conditions as you do. Hoorah, Semper Fi, anchors away, whatever, get together and beat the external problems first....GOOD LUCK, my hat's off to you all working in the dump. Hey city manager, etc...take up my suggestion and clean up your side of the political machine to support your team and take the Gardens from Dump to ??????????
Thank you Captain America. That was very touching.