Reserve hiring Process

Reserve hiring Process

Anyone know when they will be starting the hiring process for reserves? it's been 7 weeks since I put my app in and havn't heard anything. call Capt Miller but he's been out. I hear good things about the program ,and I would like to join. Thanks

Unregistered
    Capt Millier is about as useless as a screen door on a submarine. He doesn't return calls or emails. You will NOT hear back from HR with reserves. You have to wait for HIM to set everything up for you. Good luck with that!

Unregistered
    Captain Miller handles all Reserve applications. Like any agency, the hiring process is time consuming (usually six months to a year), because Reserves are required to go through the same application process and training as full-time employees. Captain Miller has a full-time job outside the Sheriff's Office, has a family, and is also coordinating the Reserves that have been already hired.

My best advice for you is to go to the Reserve Website at www.AlachuaReserveDeputy.com and fill out the questionnaire. I would wait two weeks and if you do not hear a reply, then I would e-mail him directly. His e-mail is provided on the Reserve Division website. I would wait another 2 weeks, and if you still do not hear from him then give him a call and leave a voicemail. He will get back to you as soon as possible.

Please be patient with the process, the Reserve Division at the Alachua County Sheriff's Office is growing rapidly, and you are not the only person submitting an application for the Reserves. The Reserve Command Staff reviews all applications and picks applicants that are most qualified, then they contact you. Keep in mind that the Reserve Command Staff do not get paid for their service, so they work when they can fit it into their schedule.