MARION COUNTY SHERIFF OFFICE?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MARION COUNTY SHERIFF OFFICE?

Hey guys, I just recently applied for mcso and was wondering can anyone give me any info on the department.Morals, Pay, Equipment.

Re: MARION COUNTY SHERIFF OFFICE?

RUUUUUUN Away...run away from any agency in this county.....po-dunk USA!

Can you go in detail.ehat does that mean...????

stay away low pay all good old boy system is strong here. you better be white or your get scared off lazy back up no promotions no real special teams better be related to someone.

The sheriff's office is in trouble. They have no support from upstairs and on the front line for deputies because they are all worried about getting transferred somewhere else. The road is short handed because the sheriff created a unit that took people from patrol to look for warrants and do proactive stuff, the problem is that they guys answering calls for service are few and far between. The pay is low and the county commission hates public safety and when they do provide raises provide crappy ones that only help a little. For the aggravation its not worth it. Little things like their computers are so far out of date and their software is archaic. About the only good thing is that the guys working the road are hard working dedicated employees who do it for the love of safety and community.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooigan
    The sheriff's office is in trouble. They have no support from upstairs and on the front line for deputies because they are all worried about getting transferred somewhere else. The road is short handed because the sheriff created a unit that took people from patrol to look for warrants and do proactive stuff, the problem is that they guys answering calls for service are few and far between. The pay is low and the county commission hates public safety and when they do provide raises provide crappy ones that only help a little. For the aggravation its not worth it. Little things like their computers are so far out of date and their software is archaic. About the only good thing is that the guys working the road are hard working dedicated employees who do it for the love of safety and community.

Hooigan thanks for the info bro, I thought Marion was a topnotch department. I met a couple who work there and they had there complaints about equipment and pay.But like you said "They doit for the love"

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    stay away low pay all good old boy system is strong here. you better be white or your get scared off lazy back up no promotions no real special teams better be related to someone.

Thank for the info bro, The backup issue might be a problem...but I have a buddy that work for Lafayette county and its only them 2 at night and he don't have any backup either. Just got to do what you got to do to go home.... But it beat's out working at Ag.

you sound like a good guy Don't waste your time MCSO is really going through the crapper now. you have to make it though FTO do it at a agency where you don't have to worry if your have food in the fridge after rent. if you truly want to stay local wait for OPD a lot of my brothers say there new chief is a good guy. that's what you want a real agency that cares if all fails dip down south to higher paid agencys.

Unregistered
    Anyone know how long for the process to start once you turned in ALL required paperwork?

Unregistered
    depends do you know blair

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast