Previtera has a new gig?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Previtera has a new gig?

Guess who was sitting in the Ray's dugout during the game...... :roll:

Re: Previtera has a new gig?

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought he got a job as a dancer at Mons Venus.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Guess who was sitting in the Ray's dugout during the game...... :roll:
    he's had that Rays security position for quite awhile now. Sorry to disappoint everyone and their wishful thinking, but sadly he has not left HCSO for good yet. I did hear though that he was offered a fulltime political campaign spot in the Rick Scott camp... ops:

I thought we weren't allowed to work security jobs outside of the office....

LMAO....I guess that only applies to the Rank & File workers at the office and not anyone thats part of the above the law & policy staff. I also know that he does do security work for the Tampa Bay Rays, as I was told this by a Tropicana Field worker about two years ago when I too saw Previtera down on the playing field area. He also can't use his arrest powers because he is in Pinellas County, unless maybe the Pinellas Sheriff granted it under some type of Mutual Aid request.

You are right about the policy forbidding deputies to do security work on the side, as they have stated it is a conflict of intetest and have denied deputies permission on several occassions in the past. Like I said though, I'm sure some type of loophole was used and signed off on by Dunkabozo, oops I meant Docobo. Silly fumble fingers.. :snicker:

LMAO....I guess that only applies to the Rank & File workers at the office and not anyone thats part of the above the law & policy staff. I also know that he does do security work for the Tampa Bay Rays, as I was told this by a Tropicana Field worker about two years ago when I too saw Previtera down on the playing field area. He also can't use his arrest powers because he is in Pinellas County, unless maybe the Pinellas Sheriff granted it under some type of Mutual Aid request.

You are right about the policy forbidding deputies to do security work on the side, as they have stated it is a conflict of intetest and have denied deputies permission on several occassions in the past. Like I said though, I'm sure some type of loophole was used and signed off on by Dunkabozo, oops I meant Docobo. Silly fumble fingers.. :snicker:
    Awwwww is somebody mad

The only type of denials I know of were deputies that wanted to work a second job doing private investigation work. These jobs are off limits and should be as there at some point could be a conflict of interest.

Have you heard of others?

If someone wants to hire you for "security" all they have to do is apply at Off Duty for your services.

For all you know the Colonel has this job through Off Duty. All that would have to happen is that 1) the Rays request him, 2) the Sheriff of Pinellas approves it, and remember the colonel once worked for Pinellas. And 3) Sheriff Gee approves it as long as it does not interfere with his on call duty status when it is his turn.

So what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    The only type of denials I know of were deputies that wanted to work a second job doing private investigation work. These jobs are off limits and should be as there at some point could be a conflict of interest.

If someone wants to hire you for "security" all they have to do is apply at Off Duty for your services.

For all you know the Colonel has this job through Off Duty. All that would have to happen is that 1) the Rays request him, 2) the Sheriff of Pinellas approves it, and remember the colonel once worked for Pinellas. And 3) Sheriff Gee approves it as long as it does not interfere with his on call duty status when it is his turn.

So what's the problem?

The problem is the appearance of impropriety.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe

So what's the problem?

The problem is the appearance of impropriety.

The only one's I have heard complaining are a few deputies on here that do not like him.

I am sure that if either Sheriff or the Rays thought that it was improper he would not be there.

A gravy job. Sits on the bench and probably brags to all his relatives about it.
    How does he have time for this? Shouldn't he be working on next years security plans for the fair?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast