Circuit 6 DCA - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Circuit 6 DCA

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hands up don't shoot!!!!!!!!

Demoted deputy resigns amid allegations of bias

A black man and woman say that Jerald Brush and Jeff Deremer who are white, had no reason to draw their guns and search them.

Actually the Pasco PO was cleared in 24 hours by DOC inspectors. The report was available for anyone to read. In addition all F/A instructors indicated if they were the PO they would have done the same.

Both officers said they should have been more aggressively.
    I don't know what you're talking about, but good for Jeff (sorry about the Deputy)! Generally speaking; if your partner draws his firearm, that's your clue to draw yours. Obviously, you can always de-escalate and reholster if the threat deminishes. If you've made the decsion to wear a firearm in the line of duty, then the time may come when you're going to need to engage with it; even if it's drawing and covering your partner. The decisions, that dictate how you engage, are made in split seconds of time. If you have made the decision to carry on duty; as an instructor, I urge you to seek out advanced Firearms training classes; specifically Tacticle or Active shooter training. Jeff is a good Officer, I'm glad the Inspectors investigation found no fault.

Unregistered
    I agree racial profiling is a useful tool in law enforcement.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234