Embarrassed

Thread: Embarrassed

Question Embarrassed

I am absolutely disgusted with what I am reading on the previous topics. It's clear by what is being written that the posters are newer. So instead of blasting you on here I'm gonna give you a bit of advice , this isn't the place to air dirty laundry. Members of the city council, the CM and the media read this. So all you are doing is making it look like we are a bunch of cry babies. As far as your complaint about the take home car policy, feel free to call me. I would love to discuss any ideas you have and try to get them implemented during the next contract. Your idea of a new division isn't a bad one, but don't crap on the SET. A lot of people put a lot of hard work into it, myself included. It's current state not withstanding. As far as money spent on it, you just showed your own ignorance. Not a dime of department money was spent on the team it all came from grants that JS wrote and submitted.

If you feel that you are working to hard and the "older" guys are being lazy then speak up and say something to them. But I doubt you have the sack to do that especially when it's easier to get on here and run your mouth anonymously. If you are this unhappy here then leave, but I promise you that you will be unhappy anywhere you go. This is law enforcement not field day in elementary school. There are no trophies for participation and you will get told about it when you screw up, so grow up or move on.

If you have any issue with anything I have said or want to clarify your position then feel free to call me. My phone is always on, if you don't have my number ask around for it'!!!

Re: Embarrassed

Ain't it a shame you didn't let that kid go when he was crying about this job just not being for him. The real problem with morale are kids like that spouting off about the old guys and why we aren't able to retain officers. J.W.: airing your grievances on this site makes you part of the problem, not part of the solution...and being so outspoken after your 7 months of experience is pretty ridiculous. How bout you appreciate the fact that some of the folks around you fought for you to pull through when you weren't sure about your future. I suppose you think that's what you were entitled to. Thanks for showing us your true colors - peace out

Unregistered

The Grass isn't always greener

It's been months since I've been on this site, but I figured I would chime in.

Reasons not to leave:

1) Every other weekend off
    2) Back up is always close by
    3) Pension plan that allows you to retire at 52 years of age or 25 years of service
    4) Agency that sends officers to lots of training
    5) Command staff that appreciates those who work hard and don't complain
    6) Overtime has increased lately as well
    7) 12 hour shifts (it' a positive in my view as you have more total days off)

Go ahead and bash me and say I'm sucking up.

I've been here for 7.5 years, got my take home car back in October, and patiently waited my turn.

I'm sure that last clue (and my writing style) told you who I am.